Broomhill Tav- Who drinks there?

Jako

I do sometimes but I'm very very infrequently in Broomhill on a night out nowardays (no idea why). Its alright. Decent jukebox if I remember rightly and you get a lot of the uni rugby/fottball team in there (or did)

used to be quite friendly and the beer was ok.

Hello there. Yes, the Tav is my local (I live just around the corner), and a very nice local it is too. A fine mix of people from a wide variety of social backgrounds. I watch the footie in there quite a bit.

Feel free to say hello if you think you've seen me (I've got a beard). Hmmm.

I go there once every 2 weeks or so. Good atmos and the best bar in Broomhill. just the RIGHT mix of students and locals and where you can have an embarassing haircut and not be laughed it!!! Good beer as well, friendliest landlord for miles too.

My verdict on other B Hill pubs is as follows:

Fox and Duck.....fair, good beer, but can be full of chavs when football match being shown.....otherwise fine..

SOUTH SEAS..always full of chavs, excessively male dominated..

YORK...always full of chavs and sometimes agressive drunk locals looking for a punch up but plenty of girls in there in short skirts......

THE PLACE.....ummm....thinks its posh but it isn't but the sort of place where you dress up in designer gear, etc..good "pulling" joint if you wear the right Ben SHerman T shirt.....

NOTTINGHAM HOUSE.....varies, generally OK but very clique....

I LOVE BROOMHILL

Archived