CAFCASS do you love or hate them

Is CAFCASS only used when going through divorces etc?

I recall, signing a cafcass form. I cant for the life of me remember who for. It couldve been my health visitor when I had my son, or my support worker when I was homeless, or even my Shelter worker. Anyone know why I had to sign one for one of the above people? I was a bit stupid and shy, therefore didnt ask why!

but the court decides if they get to interfere or not,after the court welfare service have had their bit of course

no dont agree. we had agreed arrangements in place before divorce in place and it was all in the court papers that we had adhered to it without problems. The arrangements stayed in place and we have never had cafcass involved.

Agree that its is not only myself that was civil and sensible but my ex also. it wasnt a happy split but we put our child first. thats what was important.

no dont agree. we had agreed arrangements in place before divorce in place and it was all in the court papers that we had adhered to it without problems. The arrangements stayed in place and we have never had cafcass involved.

The courts (or CAFCASS, if it's now their responsibility) do have the right to overrule your agreed plans, but they would only do so if the plans were palpably not in the best interest of the child. ("We'll pitch a tent for him in the local pub car park and take it in turns to visit each night.")

If people are sensible enough to come to an amicable agreement in the first place, they're usually sensible enough for it to be a good agreement that will not need to be overturned. Usually, but not always.

• 1 year later...

Cafcass are a joke. I refuse to go anywhere near a contact centre which they say 'is run by a charity' but is in their building and essentially controlled by cafcass. They insist I should revisit, but what do you think about the following experience. 2 hour visit. My five year old and I had to listen to a tourette's suffer shouting dick head every two minutes in addition to a full size german shepherd running around the garden play area where young children (aged 2 - 5) were playing with toys, including a swing ball game. The ridiculous response I received to my complaint stated that contact centres are open to all and I had no choice but to subject my five year old to a constant barrage of swearing. It also informed me that some cafcass pc muppet was going to conduct a health and safety risk assessment on the dog. Lets not even start with biased interview summaries they present in court.

Cafcass Peterborough = NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE?

• 2 months later...

has anyone spoke to r<emoved>sheffield cafcass)this woman talks a load of <REMOVED>!

another glove puppet for the court! best thing to do if she or anyone from her office annoys you on the phone HANG UP! or in my case say the battery is dying and then hang up ;-) these people are a big joke who havn't a clue about kids and parents

cafcass want to dictate everything they way,DON'T DO IT!,never play it they way.

always always make sure you see any reports they do for the court and tell them if you disagree with its contents,end of the day it's your life and your kids they interfering with.

Archived