Friday 28th August- Bars/Clubs in Sheffield?

Miss_S_83

Tomorrow at plug is reflective night. To the best of my knowledge. £5 entry.

Vibe is also £5 entry, and thats allstars night.

I/we tend to get off the tram at uni, go into The Harley for 1 or 2 drinks, S1 bar on west st for another 1, west st live for about 15 drinks (!!!!) stay there til closing time and then go to plug or vibe!

:)

Went to Harley last wk, Saturday though (but went nowhere else), was good.

Hmm... Plug (Reflectve anyway) lost it for me probably about 2yrs ago, well, nealry 2 yrs. Used to love it and quickly went downhill. What's it like these days? In 1 room now isn't it?

Vibe.. don't get me started, every time we end up there cuz I like the music mostly, but it's just not an enjoyable place to go in, for us anyway.

Fancy summat different, a laugh, was thinking Leadmill, DQ, or just late bars on West St n Division St, deffo not Corp or Embrace (feel old in there now, miss Kingdom!)....

Sorry, look like I ruled just about everything out there didn't I!! Haha!

Oh, Plug, might try that...

ORRR might try Chesterfield, but haven;t been there for about 6yrs!

HELP!

hi - is that the same every friday at plug? cheers

I think its the last Friday of every month. You might be best off going into plug shop, its on a side street just off the moor, where Melody is (a womans clothes shop) just go up the street at the side of it and its on there. They'll be best to give you proper info. I could be totally wrong but im pretty sure.

Went to Harley last wk, Saturday though (but went nowhere else), was good.

Hmm... Plug (Reflectve anyway) lost it for me probably about 2yrs ago, well, nealry 2 yrs. Used to love it and quickly went downhill. What's it like these days? In 1 room now isn't it?

Vibe.. don't get me started, every time we end up there cuz I like the music mostly, but it's just not an enjoyable place to go in, for us anyway.

Fancy summat different, a laugh, was thinking Leadmill, DQ, or just late bars on West St n Division St, deffo not Corp or Embrace (feel old in there now, miss Kingdom!)....

Sorry, look like I ruled just about everything out there didn't I!! Haha!

Oh, Plug, might try that...

ORRR might try Chesterfield, but haven;t been there for about 6yrs!

HELP!

Lol, The Harley tends to be our, first stop off. Cant spend a whole night in there, full of the pretty boy type :hihi:

These days, I cant honestly tell you what plug is like. I went in a few months back and was god damn slaughtered at that point that I remember only sat outside talking to a bouncer, smoking all his fags :suspect:

Vibe is meant to be full of underage kiddos. I havent been out since I turned legal, so maybe im one of those underage uns but I never went off like some of them do. Thinking theyre.. something theyre not! Ive been told that you can go in, without even seeing *many* idiots. Im on there facebook group and over 4,000 have been invited to this Fridays event, so it looks like it holds alot.

Embrace is full of tarty girls trying to get their next fix of, male parts. Those that look and act plastic.

Never been in leadmill. Apparantly a good, cheap night with no youngsters as they i.d everyone.

Im into all music, I can listen to a bit of DnB in Harley, skip down to West St Live for a bit of a live rock band, then go over to players bar and listen to some 'up to date' tripe. Go into Crystal and get pushed by everyone as its always full. Then go to vibe/plug and roll in at a random hour.

You might see me anyway :hihi: (not that anyone would want too!!) we're celebrating my 18th, which was nearly 3 weeks ago!

A night is what you make of it! :)

Haha, yeah Vibe... well the music I like (mostly, not all), and I haven't had a bad time of it every time but it's not the sort of place you can get drunk and act silly, have a laugh. When it's busy the toilets are like a zoo. Women banging on doors, like wild animals. Fights (although must admit always seem to be sorted quickly if something starts). So I am going to avoid it tonight.

Reflective was great when I went back in 2007, then towards the end of that year/early last year it seemed to go downhill rapidly. IMO anyway. But still might give it a try.

Embrace- ahhh well tried it twice I think, once can't remember, second time we hated it, being 24/25 at the time, me and my mate felt old. I loved it when it was Kingdom-would be there every week (back in 2002-2004 ish), but it's not the same and I am older now, so...

Leadmill I haven't been to for a few years, 2004 maybe, so couldn't imagine what it's like now and I think I went a lot in the week, obviously they have different nights.

Argh, decisions! Was thinking of going to Chesterfield but not sure what's there really?

Dan- yep Vibe is the old PoNaNa or whatever it was called. Apparantly they are knocking through to the bar that used to be Matrix next door, refurbing and re-opening as Niche.

7.30 - meet Henrys

8.30 - Berlins

10.30 - Isaballas (get turned away for age/bouncer still remembers that punch up you were in/bouncer in bad mood)

"Josies?" "Jive Turkey's on tonight", "We're in suits" "God, go on, Josies then. Queue'll be massive now though, right out of Fountain sq"

10.53 - queue at Josies

11.10 - still queuing

11.20 - approaching door, Big Jim and his boys already scanning your outfit like some steroided Gok Wan.

11.30 - brief exchange about the merits of your group's footwear but admission granted.

11.36 - start swaying to 'Never Too Much' with dimpled pint glass in hand, whilst fantasising about stockinged barmaids, 'they're all prostitutes, yer know", "Aye, so I've heard".

Archived