Friday 28th August- Bars/Clubs in Sheffield?

Miss_S_83

7.30 - meet Henrys

8.30 - Berlins

10.30 - Isaballas (get turned away for age/bouncer still remembers that punch up you were in/bouncer in bad mood)

"Josies?" "Jive Turkey's on tonight", "We're in suits" "God, go on, Josies then. Queue'll be massive now though, right out of Fountain sq"

10.53 - queue at Josies

11.10 - still queuing

11.20 - approaching door, Big Jim and his boys already scanning your outfit like some steroided Gok Wan.

11.30 - brief exchange about the merits of your group's footwear but admission granted.

11.36 - start swaying to 'Never Too Much' with dimpled pint glass in hand, whilst fantasising about stockinged barmaids, 'they're all prostitutes, yer know", "Aye, so I've heard".

Haha!! What year might this have been then? :hihi:

And the the last poster (sorry forgot name!)... Casbah is shut isn't it?

Haha!! What year might this have been then? :hihi:

And the the last poster (sorry forgot name!)... Casbah is shut isn't it?

As in 'shut down' or just 'not open'?

'Cos it certainly hasn't shut down. I know it doesn't open one day of the week that you would think it would - but I thought that was Mondays. Could be wrong I guess. I know it opens every Wednesday and Saturday for certain, and I believe it was open last night too.

As in 'shut down' or just 'not open'?

'Cos it certainly hasn't shut down. I know it doesn't open one day of the week that you would think it would - but I thought that was Mondays. Could be wrong I guess. I know it opens every Wednesday and Saturday for certain, and I believe it was open last night too.

Oooh thought it had shut down a while back! Shows how much I know!

Oooh thought it had shut down a while back! Shows how much I know!

Ah, no, they are still going. To be honest I heard rumours they had a while back because of the compulsory purchase orders to do with the Sevenstone Project, but it turns out they are staying open as long as possible.

Personally I'd save my money and wait until the students come back.

Most places will be empty this time of year.

No can do, I am a student (as is my mate).. only not typical students (hmph!), mature students complete with responsibilities and kiddies, none of the Freshers Week madness for me (BOOOOOOO!) :hihi:

7.30 - meet Henrys

8.30 - Berlins

10.30 - Isaballas (get turned away for age/bouncer still remembers that punch up you were in/bouncer in bad mood)

"Josies?" "Jive Turkey's on tonight", "We're in suits" "God, go on, Josies then. Queue'll be massive now though, right out of Fountain sq"

10.53 - queue at Josies

11.10 - still queuing

11.20 - approaching door, Big Jim and his boys already scanning your outfit like some steroided Gok Wan.

11.30 - brief exchange about the merits of your group's footwear but admission granted.

11.36 - start swaying to 'Never Too Much' with dimpled pint glass in hand, whilst fantasising about stockinged barmaids, 'they're all prostitutes, yer know", "Aye, so I've heard".

Haha!! Such an accurate description!

Archived