What would you like to see at Hillsborough Corner?

What do you want to see at Hillsborough Corner?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see at Hillsborough Corner?

• Yet another bar!
    • A diner
    • A takeaway
    • Flats
    • Something else (please state in your reply)

Originally posted by whisper

yes,ive heard nico is going to do 3 things on the penistone rd/leppings lane site

1.a car lot

2.a hand wash for cars

3.a pizza shop

heard he was putting all 3 things there but there doesn't look that much room.If he did i think the traffic would be chaotic on that corner,it's already bad enough at peak times.

Whenever he buys a shop it's always left for years before he does anything with them.I think the man has more money than he knows what to do with.I could always help him out with that if he's stuck !

Very imaginative,just what the area needs NOT!It just shows that money can not buy common sense or style.

My suggestion is that the whole area becomes a Hario's free zone.

Just a quick update.

I contacted the local area panel, and MP about this. I received an email today which said ....

"Following our correspondence below, the Derelict Buildings Team have issued a Pre-Notice to Nico, warning him of potential prosecution if the building becomes dangerous. This is not much, but is as much as the Council can do under its current powers, and at least shows that the Council has its eye on him. Hopefully it may produce some positive response by him.

Both the Area Panel and the new Town Centre Development Officer will continue to do all we can to put pressure on Nico to improve matters."

As she says, it's as much as they can do at the moment.

At least I tried!

• 1 month later...

Having lived in the area for a while now, I have followed this thread, and others about Hillsborough with interest. I just wondered if there is any more news about Hillsborough Corner? I think its such a shame that a thriving centre like this has to look so down at heel. All around Hills. Corner needs smartening up - the weir could be lovely, in fact it did at the beginning of the year after it had been cleaned up. That lasted until the morons decided to once again chuck in their shopping trolleys and push chairs! Has cctv ever been suggested as an option on the bridge?

Archived