What would you like to see at Hillsborough Corner?

What do you want to see at Hillsborough Corner?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see at Hillsborough Corner?

• Yet another bar!
    • A diner
    • A takeaway
    • Flats
    • Something else (please state in your reply)

For those of us who live near Hillsborouh Corner this is an important issue.

I have written to the council on several occassions about the state of the place and as yet have not received a reply. I will continue press.

However, I am given some hope by the news that the council have approved the building of luxury flats overlooking the weir behind the bank. I assume that developers will also press for something to be done, otherwise they will not be able to sell them and make a profit.

Alas people thinking about their own pockets is all we can hope for!

• 3 months later...

Has anyone heard anything recently about what's going to be done about the empty building on Hills. corner? I've lived here for a couple of years now and was really pleased when a centre manager was appointed but nothing has changed.......it still looks bloody awful!! Must say the weir's looking good since its recent annual clean up, if only the chavs could keep from steering shopping trollies into it!

Weatherspoons always seem a bit characterless. Somewhere that did nice food and coffees, that was non smoking would be great. Cafe uno, Starbucks, Costa or anything like that would do, it's got to be an improvement on what's there at the mo! Except obviously another bloody pork shop!!!

Nah Soosiepoosie, we don't want a chain! Well, only if a little independent one isn't forthcoming. I can't stand bloody Starbucks, Costa, etc. It's nicer to have something a bit less formula.

From reading these posts, what Hillaborough wants is a coffee shop with books, football boots, adult mags, witchcraft and chocolate teapots. Surely now we've done the market research someone could launch summat!! ;)

Well the planning application notice is up now outside The Deep End for a Weatherspoons pub.

As for Hillsborough corner, there does seem to be work going on in there now, plastering etc so lets hope someting is finally being done about it.

I noticed today that new windows are going into what was the old Oxfam shop, and the one next door on Holme Lane. The ex Greenwoods shop on the corner opposite Leg Ends also needs a new lease of life. How about a Tesco Metro or one of those little M&S for all those of us who don't want to shop in Morrisons/KwikSave/Co-op/Farmfoods. Saturday mornings, nice coffee, muffin and a browse through the papers, then pick up some goodies and head for home - no need to go into town. I could do that!

I noticed today that new windows are going into what was the old Oxfam shop, and the one next door on Holme Lane. The ex Greenwoods shop on the corner opposite Leg Ends also needs a new lease of life. How about a Tesco Metro or one of those little M&S for all those of us who don't want to shop in Morrisons/KwikSave/Co-op/Farmfoods. Saturday mornings, nice coffee, muffin and a browse through the papers, then pick up some goodies and head for home - no need to go into town. I could do that!

M&S @ Hillsboro corner! Can just see all the daytime drinkers from Legends popping out for a prawn sarnie to soak up the booze! Maybe not...

Have to agree about not wanting to shop Morrisons - anyone else think the standard of the fresh food there has deteriorated a great deal in the last year?

As for a Weatherspoon's at the Deep End... yawn, yawn... But is could be worse I suppose.

Archived