Rock/Pop Group from Sheffield..60's

TMEkid

you may be better putting this on the history & ex-pats section you'll probably get more replies to old bands on there & i think theres a couple of threads regarding old bands & stuff on there you may also remember

hi my husband steve says he remembers the mind of adam, neil turfit drums,

thinks kev stevenson guitar thinks they became paintbox after that.

Yep he was on the Drum's..and very good on em too...lol

Not sure the Kev played the Guitar tho'...errr yes he did ,just asked the Question...

theyre on facebook if its the same band, just google the mind of adam i think its the 4th or 5th item down

Nar not the same Guy's....I think the name of the band was taken from a Student reading a book called "the mind of Adam"...I know these Guy's played the Other year at the Arundle?? on City Road.... Think Neil ,the drumer made it up from London to join in...could be wrong tho!

• 1 month later...

the band on face book are not the original band. You are right about Neal Turrfit on drums. The original line up was Neal Turrfit on drums, Jock (Shug Lightbody) vocalist, Roger Delaney on lead guitar Mick Butcher on rythem and myself Tony Barker on bass. Kevin played lead in the band when Mick left. After that we added Sue Jackson on vocals. Later the band had a massive personnel change and became paintbox. And for the record the adam have been back together once in sheffield for a gig. The three guitarists from the original band are back together with Ian Whiting on drums and are playing the odd gigs about town.

• 1 month later...
the band on face book are not the original band. You are right about Neal Turrfit on drums. The original line up was Neal Turrfit on drums, Jock (Shug Lightbody) vocalist, Roger Delaney on lead guitar Mick Butcher on rythem and myself Tony Barker on bass. Kevin played lead in the band when Mick left. After that we added Sue Jackson on vocals. Later the band had a massive personnel change and became paintbox. And for the record the adam have been back together once in sheffield for a gig. The three guitarists from the original band are back together with Ian Whiting on drums and are playing the odd gigs about town.

I hear that your palying again soon....

oh and I have a few snap Shot's of you Guy's in Action so to speak!!.....

ATB

Archived