Cafe/bar in Kelham Island

coffeeking

HJL, cheers for your efforts. That link does indeed work. The reference number didn't work when I put it through the planning app search engine.

Looking at the plans, half of the floor space is going to be turned into an office and the other half a coffee/deli shop. The office space is going to be taken up by Cactus Property Management. So that would be the first time a Letting Agent moves into the area. I've seen Cactus advertise places at Cornwall Works. No idea who's managing the coffee shop, perhaps Cactus, perhaps the 'Kelham Island Development Corporation Limited.' Whoever they are?

I'd say the grass was actually a vinyl print.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's some phishing going on here, letting agents aren't the brightest bunch (though one of the proprietors is a Solicitor)- but at least they're having a go at setting up in the area. With high risk can come high reward.

Maybe the phishers are the architects! Good to see Coda have got the trade on this. Being based in the area has some advantages.

Either way it says the planning app is invalid? Maybe some information was missing.

If there was a cafe bar in Kelham Island would you use it?

It would be serving breakfast all the way through to dinner and sell high quality coffee and alcoholic beverages.

All opinions are welcome.

If there's wifi then yes, I would defo come down for coffee and bring my laptop to do some work! Also there's the halls round there... Im sure it would be welcomed by all students round that area!!

• 2 months later...

Noticed this further down the thread:

No problem swissheavy looks like we could have both been right......my info is that the cafe/deli in Cornwall Works will be looking to serve local needs but won't be a 24/7.

Not sure about sports but doesn't the Milestone do sport TV?

No they dont. They do have a TV but dont seem to show anything on it. The Riverside Bar at the end of Corporation St have Sky Sports and ESPN and show all sports on large projected screens- just thought i would drop that in.......

I personally would definately welcome some more businesses opening up in the Kelham Island area. Another poster mentioned Manchester earlier on, and I agree that the Kelham Island area of Sheffield has exactly the same potential as the Castlefield/Deansgate areas of Manchester - just needs the investment

Cheers

John

Archived