Lost phone in a black cab - any advice?

zion

call your phone operator and report it as lost, or you could send a txt to your phone in the hope that someone reads it and wants to return it, but don't hold much hope of ever seeing it again, unfortunately a lot of taxi drivers would just flog it on (not all mind you)

The taxi cabs are usually one man bands, so there is no central number as such.

I try and make a mental number of the cab number every time, in fact if I get in alone at night I send it MMS to a friend!

If you had that you could ring the town hall who issue the licenses and they might help. Only constructive idea I can think of is to go to the same place you found him same time tomorrow and see if he's there or if other drivers recognise his description.

My son lost his new Nokia XpressMusic phone late one night in a 7 seater private minicab in Skeggie. He knows he had it in the taxi as he phoned his girlfriend on the journey (confirmed later on). He put it in his pocket but heard and felt it when it bounced off his foot onto the floor when it fell out. The combination of darkness and alcohol meant he couldn't find it and, not surprisingly nor could the taxi driver when they stopped :suspect:

Despite my sons protests the driver claimed he hadn't got time to search any more and drove off. I rang the firm the following day to get them to search for it again but they still 'couldn't find it'. Both my son and I were convinced that the driver 'lifted' it but there was no way we could ever prove it :mad:

ze beer!!! don't know how it happened but the phone turned up IN the downstairs couch!! must have sat there wolfing down my kebab after thursday's birthday lash!!! putting the drunk nights in before the mrs too heavy with child!! and the little fun spoiler himself turns up!!! thanks for the help though, guys.

Archived