Anyone else been ripped off by BT for Vision?

We have had BT Vision and BT Broadband for about 3 years and had no problems. However our current deal is up so we are looking at Sky as it seems cheaper and with more kids channels.

My wife tried to get a deal off BT and they offered to reduce by £2 a month.

Back to the first question we have had the box and a couple of home hubs free.

• 3 months later...

hi new to all this, we have signed up to BT Vision, and have not found it to be very good slow and clunky so needless to say didn't want it . someone rang from bt ( bit of a cold call ) and offered the service. recevied the box recently and have now decided to cancel ,they want to charge us £59.00 for cancelling, they said there was a 10 day cancellation time but that passed by one day due to the recent snow.

has anyone been charge if they want to cancel because they did not like the service?

they also claim that it was all done through a legal agreement read out to my wife over the phone, she is racking her brain but can't remember the legal spill being read out to her.

any ideas where we stand on this has any one had something similar and how did you resolve it ?

many thanks

Guest makapaka

They are terrible.

Don't even think about moving home and taking the service with you.

We did and it took us 3 1/2 months to get it back on. This was despite phone calls telling us 24 hours / 48 hours etc.

The final straw was when we were told on a tuesday it would be back on in 48 hours. On the Saturday it was still not active - we rang up and were told that it would be 3 weeks. This took us within a week of the end of our contract so we told them not to bother and cancelled our direct debits.

Disaster.

Not BT vision, i wanted to set up a new phone line, i got a leaflet saying if i took this certain plan i could get it set up free, i phone up got a date then got a letter saying i will owe them £122 or something like that for instillation so i phoned up, she kept putting me on hold, even when i told them the ref number from the letter i got through she said that it only applied if i took out BT vision, i asked how much but realised it would be cheaper just to pay the fee, she told me i would recieve a bill in one month aswell as 3 months up front for my phone line. 3 Days after my phone line was fitted i got a bill for hundered and seventy something pound to be paid on boxing day, im not paying it they can wait

hi new to all this, we have signed up to BT Vision, and have not found it to be very good slow and clunky so needless to say didn't want it . someone rang from bt ( bit of a cold call ) and offered the service. recevied the box recently and have now decided to cancel ,they want to charge us £59.00 for cancelling, they said there was a 10 day cancellation time but that passed by one day due to the recent snow.

has anyone been charge if they want to cancel because they did not like the service?

they also claim that it was all done through a legal agreement read out to my wife over the phone, she is racking her brain but can't remember the legal spill being read out to her.

any ideas where we stand on this has any one had something similar and how did you resolve it ?

many thanks

Im going to send you an email address now to contacted i got my problem sorted out by going to the top check your inbox danny

• 1 year later...

Archived