Going out alone

samstyles

Hi,

In other towns I visit, I am quite happy to walk in to certain pubs/clubs on my own and not feel awkward, so it seems daft that I do feel awkward about doing this in my home town!

Can anyone reccomend lively city pubs/clubs here where women can do this and not feel like they stand out like a sore thumb, better still if people will talk to them?! (No, I don't mean slimey 8 armed fellas! lol)

Think i would feel happy going to most places on a quiet mid week night on my own for a drink. Feel as though I have done it a few times when waiting for VERY late friends. If I was to purposefully go out for a night alone, I'd probably choose somewhere like Wig & Pen, or maybe trippets.

Go to huiwei.co.uk it's a Bar & Restaurant plus it has a guy playing the piano so it's really nice to just sit & listen as i experienced last saturday as me & my girlfriend waited for the rest of our friends to arrive. You won't get funny looks either as i always get smiles when i go :)

Hi,

In other towns I visit, I am quite happy to walk in to certain pubs/clubs on my own and not feel awkward, so it seems daft that I do feel awkward about doing this in my home town!

Can anyone reccomend lively city pubs/clubs here where women can do this and not feel like they stand out like a sore thumb, better still if people will talk to them?! (No, I don't mean slimey 8 armed fellas! lol)

I wasnt that bad was I Sam :hihi:

Archived