Rock/Metal fan...? Check out Corporation!

Kensnroses

Originally posted by xafier

ok, sure there are underage people there, 17, maybe 16... but you cant exactly say that every other club and pub in sheffield DOESN'T serve underage people or let them in...

16/17 ok, you'd possibly expect that.. But 14/15 is quite pathetic and just shows what monkey's they have working on the doors..

Originally posted by sammo

where is the corporation? I've lived in Sheffield for three years and have heard of it but a not sure where it is

What - despite Corporation having what might possibly be the Uk's largest logo painted down one entire side of the building?

;)

Its just behind the Devonshire Cat which in turn is on the block behind the Forum

I miss old Corporation.

I started going around 1998 and it was fantastic as it was a place I could go to escape and fade into the background. I was still recovering from school and I wanted to avoid the places I knew people from All Saints would be.

It was also a place where everyone was friendly as the rock scene was just about to explode and there were few enough people for everyone to know everyone else. If you were new, people would talk to you!

The otherside bar sold beer for £1.50 a bottle and was a great place to relax and meet friends beforehand. It also played decent music!

There were regularly more guys in the girls' toilets than guys as they were nicer and people would just go in there to chat. There were sofas in the corridors - which were always full of girls showing off their new piercings (I used to call it nipple alley) and random people who'd just wandered in....

The chillout room was there for people to... get to know each other... So to speak.

Saturdays had people with more hair than is natural in one room and proper hardcore punks in the other. Scared the life outta me, but I loved it. Mondays were dead and Fridays were heaving.

And to top it all off, "Rollin" by Limp Bizkit was a floor filler.

New Corp just never feels as good, but I suppose if corp ever moves again the current 18 year olds will reminisce about "their" corp and how the new one just doesn't feel right.

Corp now just seems like a place to be seen. There are a few underage people there (that's because I know who they are!) but it's not overrun. There seemed to be a lot more at one point, but Saturdays (when I go) seems to cater more to the late 20s crowd, so I still feel young!

Corp as I remember it won't be back, but the new one's ok. Much better than what I had at Uni... even if I did help run that!

when you say Saturday night is for late 20's what kind of music do they play :suspect:

I always thought that it was older rock/metal (Megadeth, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, AC/DC etc etc) and therefore have given it a wide berth.

If you head down to the Corp on a Saturday be sure to pop into Cha Chas first. I DJ down there, it's only round the corner and I play all the Classic Rock Killer music (70s/80s/90s rock), plus you can get cheapish Corp tickets there - cheaper than paying the full price on the door.

Originally posted by robbie

when you say Saturday night is for late 20's what kind of music do they play :suspect:

I always thought that it was older rock/metal (Megadeth, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, AC/DC etc etc) and therefore have given it a wide berth.

There's a mix in the main downstairs room. It can go from Disturbed to Aerosmith in about 3 songs... Which is unsettling! The Goff room goes from trad goth to EBM and randomness and back again whilst the upstairs room is just...

...Loud. And quite hardcore. Still, no punk and no minimoshers, so I'm quite happy. Not that I don't like punk, it's all the teenagers that seem to hijack it - safety pins are a privilege not a right!

Archived