BIG PARTY IDEA - Could we make this happen?

mr.blaze

Good idea / Bad idea  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea / Bad idea

• Yes, it's a great idea I'd definately go
    • I'd go and bring the kids too
    • I might go but I'm not sure
    • No, that idea's crazy

I was talking to a few sf members last night about the idea of throwing a big outdoor sf/public party somewhere this summer. The idea of a BBQ came up not so long ago but nothing seems to have been nailed down. Could we still do this with music?

What would people think to having a day and night of music somewhere outdoors preferably a pub with good bus access and a large field? Tickets would be about £5 which would cover the costs of food, rental of any equipment, a bouncy castle for kids and any other costs we may incur.

I'm quite happy to sort out a sound system and a few pretty well known dj's and bands to come and play. But I could do with someone else who wouldn't mind spending a bit of time to help organise it with me.

Good idea/Bad idea?

I think its a good idea,must remember to organise an event like this you must have correct insurances etc.Dont know if this would prove expensive or not as ive never actually organised one.Might be cheaper if food isnt involved i would have thought.Other than that has anyone got a LARGE HOUSE to hold it in as a private party????

I think it sounds like a fine idea! I've been to a few little community festivals in Sheff and they've been great fun. I would be happy to help - used to organise events so can help with a bit of whatever.

Archived