Double glazing salesmen?

some of my double glazed windows the seals have gone, cant afford new windows, so what happens is every company knock on my door and say " I noticed the seals have gone on your windows and i say yes so what cant afford to replace them, and they go away, i had one this morning 9 30 bank holiday monday, he said sorry have i woke you? i nearly killed him, i know we are all looking for work but that time was silly

• 9 months later...

Old thread same old story - the dodgy companies are still out there. Have just moved nearer to Sheffield and need to replace the windows and doors. Whilst in the garden this week a guy comes through the gate asking if I would like a quote on my windows which clearly need some attention. "Yes please" I reply. Guy takes details and says his Sheffield office will ring and someone will be with me later today. Sure enough 20 mins later the phone rings and the person at the other end asks what I need. "15 windows and 2 doors " I reply. The voice at the other end of the phone suddenly goes up an octive "Great, and you will be in later today, and both you and your wife will be there?

"I will be here for you to come and measure up and put the quote together"

"Oh then perhaps we need to re-schedule for when you are both there"

"Why do you need both of us here?"

"Maybe your wife would like an input to the design"

"Well you come and measure up and quote us then we wil discuss it and get back to you"

"Sorry sir we don't work like that"

"Ok then thanks anyway" Phone goes down.

Let this be a warning to all of those on the forum that the only reason that this company wants both of you there is so they can offer you a "discount for today only" and pressure you into placing an order. There not intersted in what you want they just want to take an order today and make their commission. Would you turn away an order such as this one if you genuinly wanted to work with a customer. They are a national company with a Sheffield office.

Fortunately I already have one quote from a genuine company but like everthing else of high value I always obtain a second quote to ensure that I am buying correctly.

Was it the buy one get one free mob by any chance? The opening quote set off as astronomical and despite me saying all I needed was a quote I still had to endure the cuts and the call to the manager which dropped it by 50% and was still too high.

In the end I went with Warwick Developments, local firm, which was half their final lowest quote

Archived