Mick Redfearn, Hartleybrook Secondary Modern

xenia

Just a line to anyone who remembers him, that Mick Redfearn a former student of Hartleybrook Secondary Modern in the early 60s has passed away. He was Town Clerk (or similar) in the town of Chetwynd in northern Canada.

He had a tough home life when he lived in Sheffield and eventually joined the army which was the making of him, denied promotion to officer status by the class system in this country he joined the Canadian Army and did very well.

He has a family in Canada but, as far as i know, no relatives left in Sheffield. A few people may remember him from school. Nice bloke.

Just a line to anyone who remembers him, that Mick Redfearn a former student of Hartleybrook Secondary Modern in the early 60s has passed away. He was Town Clerk (or similar) in the town of Chetwynd in northern Canada.

He had a tough home life when he lived in Sheffield and eventually joined the army which was the making of him, denied promotion to officer status by the class system in this country he joined the Canadian Army and did very well.

He has a family in Canada but, as far as i know, no relatives left in Sheffield. A few people may remember him from school. Nice bloke.

Do you have a little more background as I knew a Mick Redfearn in the late 60's.? I used to work with him round about 66-67.

if you google Chetwynd Canada and get the council website they have a quite a bit of info on him. I lost contact in the late 60s and only got in touch a few months ago.

Mick went to Huntsmans gardens as a junior and Hartleybrook secondary School, i dont know what he did when he left school other than he was in a band and later went in the army. I dont know if he had any family back here.

Do you have a little more background as I knew a Mick Redfearn in the late 60's.? I used to work with him round about 66-67.

Sorry to hear about Mick Redfern. Mick and I have been in contact via private e-mails over the past 7or 8 months.Mick came off the same street down Attercliffe (Beall st ) as my wifes family, in fact he was friends with my brother in law, Maurice Wilson. He"s lived in Canada since 1974. he had two brothers Jack & Tony. Tony sadly passed away in 2007 with a heart attack.

Verry sad to hear the news.

Archived