Old car registration plates

metalman

This is a very long shot! Does anyone know who owned cars in the mid-1920s with the registration numbers WA6506 and WB3269? I believe they are both from the Sheffield registration district, so if I went to the Sheffield Archives, would I be able to find out?

The reason is, I have an old photograph album which I bought years ago down the market and I think this may be the only way of identifying the family in it - they were obviously fairly well-to-do since they went down to Devon, Bournemouth and so on.

This is a very long shot! Does anyone know who owned cars in the mid-1920s with the registration numbers WA6506 and WB3269? I believe they are both from the Sheffield registration district, so if I went to the Sheffield Archives, would I be able to find out?

The reason is, I have an old photograph album which I bought years ago down the market and I think this may be the only way of identifying the family in it - they were obviously fairly well-to-do since they went down to Devon, Bournemouth and so on.

I'm pretty certain that Sheffield Archives wouldn't have any records of car registration numbers - give 'em a call.

It will predate the DVLA. When the DVLA scheme came into force it was apparently suggested that the older reg numbers were transferred to local archives, so I'll try them and see if they were. The pictures of the cars were taken in Devon, but I might scan them in if I find the time and then somebody might be able to tell me what sort of car it is.

Archived