Alcohol should be banned

Seriously, if you have no wish to engage in discussion, why bother posting a opinion at all?

Nowhere in the rules when I signed up did it state that "members can't express a preference without justifying that preference to Cyclone".

Trying to split hairs between opinion, preference and position is just that, splitting hairs. I can only conclude that you have nothing to offer as justification for your opinion.

I don't need to justify a preference.

The only "hair splitter" is the one pretending not to know the difference between a preference and a statement of fact.

The world would be a better place if alcohol could be banned. It wouldn't be fair on those that drink alcohol sensibly though. Plus all the usual arguments about the problems caused be making something illegal.

More specifically it would be good if alcohol could be banned for those that can't control their alcohol intake or their actions when drunk. This would be even less manageable than a total ban though.

Some violence and other types of bad behaviour can be attributed to alcohol in certain people, stopping this can only be a good thing? Also their is the cost to the NHS of dealing with health problems caused by alcohol.

Nowhere in the rules when I signed up did it state that "members can't express a preference without justifying that preference to Cyclone".

Though if you express a preference, it's not unreasonable to be expected to state why you prefer that preference. (Unless you don't know yourself).

You don't need to do anything, but as stated above, if you express a preference it's not unreasonable to be asked why.

The only "hair splitter" is the one pretending not to know the difference between a preference and a statement of fact.

Pot kettle black.

Your reply to Cyclone does not have any content, the subject is Alchol, put the spoilt child/hiding behind the PC aside, do you have a constructive opinion on the title of the thread, or do you just want to argue.

This one of the most stupid and dumb reason I have ever come across. This means the spread of disease or un-ethical activities should not be limited as it "may not help". Why not legalize rape?

The irony here being a ban on alcohol would invariably reduce the amount of people who have sex without discernible consent.

The state of some people staggering home from nightclubs to engage in one night stands suggests "consent" is arbitrary to say the least.

• 7 months later...
None of which is a good reason not to ban it, since we already ban many drugs which exactly the same applies to.

I'm expecting plenty of replies like yours, Mel & HN's.

But I want to see if anyone can actually defend alcohol as being legal if we take the fact that pesticides, drugs and food additives are banned as a reasonable measurement of standards for legality.

Legal alcohol has enforced standards of safety, alcohol levels, cleanliness etc. Illegal drugs (which would of course include alcohol under your proposal) do not

Being T-total is less healthy than drinking in moderation.

Being sober all the time should be banned.

Prove it.

Would love for there to be a ban based on my limited understanding of violence related to alcohol and the damage it does to the body; and the strange thing is - having consumed alcohol on the job is a sackable offence in some industries, which is strange if it is harmless.

Your reply to Cyclone does not have any content, the subject is Alchol, put the spoilt child/hiding behind the PC aside, do you have a constructive opinion on the title of the thread, or do you just want to argue.

An opinion was given by GothicAngel. She decided she had no need to go into detail qhen questioned further. Her choice. But she did give her opinion - and then, as per usual, cyclone decided to do the usual cyclone thing. So what's your problem? You been drinking? :hihi:

Archived