Alcohol should be banned

None of which is a good reason not to ban it, since we already ban many drugs which exactly the same applies to.

I'd turn that argument on its head and say it's a good reason for revoking the bans on all those other drugs. Banning them is not solving the problem - indeed, it's making the problems worse by several orders of magnitude.

i dont belive it should be banned i work in that type of industry and it's how i pay my bill's but i think the age limit for drinking should be raised.

and i know that does'nt solve the problem because they just get people to buy it for them but it does mean's that they have to find someone over 21 to get it from them.

Is anyone able to give me a convincing argument against the need for a ban of alcoholic beverages?

Teenagers in the UK are more likely than any others to get drunk (Source)which has an established link to our record levels of teenage pregnancy (Source)

Almost 10,000 deaths each year are as a direct result of alcohol, with many more where it's a factor (Source). There are around 15,000 new cases of alcohol related liver disease every year (Source) and it's blamed for many other illnesses, including a recent rise in oral cancers (Source)

Crime levels linked to alcohol are huge, with around 1 million violent assaults each year by people under the influence (Source). One in Six road deaths are due to drunk driving, with over 100,000 drivers per year guilty of this offence (Source).

Throw in the link between unemployment and alcohol (Source) and there's not much to defend it.

There are food additives or pesticides banned because of the most remote links to various illnesses, and there are plenty of other previously legal recreational substances which have later been banned, so who can convince me that there are good reasons not to ban alcohol?

yeah ,we need it to stay sane ,and my cornflakes dont taste the same with milk on ,rather than special brew of a morning ;)

i dont belive it should be banned i work in that type of industry and it's how i pay my bill's but i think the age limit for drinking should be raised.

and i know that does'nt solve the problem because they just get people to buy it for them but it does create problem's for getting the alcohol tho !

The age limit should be abolished. Children should be restricted to alcohol of low content.

kC - kiddy Carling, 0.1% abv

teenager carling, 2% maybe?, there'd be a market for that C2 other than drivers.

A lot of people have a had a weak shandy in the pub when they were underage I'd imagine, I know I have.

Beer 16?

Wine 18?

Spirits 21?

The age limit should be abolished. Children should be restricted to alcohol of low content.

kC - kiddy Carling, 0.1% abv

teenager carling, 2% maybe?, there'd be a market for that C2 other than drivers.

A lot of people have a had a weak shandy in the pub when they were underage I'd imagine, I know I have.

Beer 16?

Wine 18?

Spirits 21?

sorry chem1st but that would be a moronic thing to do in my opinion

i work in the security end of alcohol industry and ive seen to many 18 y/o kid's have to much to drink and bottle/ stab each other ( which ive seen 2 stabbing's in the last 3 month's).

i think the legal drinking age should be 21 for anything other than schloer lol

the major problem is alcohol is getting stronger and cheaper and i believe nightlife would be alot better if there was'nt 18 y/o getting too drunk and causing bother because they cant handle the alcohol.

sorry chem1st but that would be a moronic thing to do in my opinion

i work in the security end of alcohol industry and ive seen to many 18 y/o kid's have to much to drink and bottle/ stab each other ( which ive seen 2 stabbing's in the last 3 month's).

i think the legal drinking age should be 21 for anything other than schloer lol

the major problem is alcohol is getting stronger and cheaper and i believe nightlife would be alot better if there was'nt 18 y/o getting too drunk and causing bother because they cant handle the alcohol.

I dont agree with that. I do agree with chem1st, that the age limit should be abolished altogether, let kids know their alcoholic limits before they reach on age where they can do serious damage. The French do it, and they hardly have any crimes brought on by alcohol, and that's because children as young as 5 are allowed to drink in France, and learn their limits.

Teenagers in britain drink (13-18 year olds) because it is illegal for them to do so, the fact they do it to extent is because they have a rebellious attitude which they need to fulfil. Make it legal, and they will no longer have the rebellious attitude which they feel they need to fulfil. Same with drugs, and the age limit for tobacco.

*walks off*

I'll go now, I've had my say.

if they banned it then the religious supporters would demand it's return as its part of the holy communionin the christian faith, i believe .

supprised graham didnt get that one :hihi:

His church dishes out ribena in Communion.

That just seems so wrong....

Archived