The Pamona rock bar

Wasley

Hey folks,

My bands playing at The Pamona tomorrow night, but we'd never even heard of it nevermind been there...

Just wondering if anyone could gimme a bit of a heads up on what the place is like, does it get busy, is it expensive etc etc

Cheers,

Wasley

Do you mean the Pomona at the junction of Ecclesall Road and Summerfield Street? Didn't know it had been rebranded a rock bar, but then I've not been there for a bit.

Does it get busy: used to

Is it expensive: didn't used to be

It's quite a big pub, with a few pool tables. Has the bustling atmosphere of a student bar.

We got the gig through a friend, his band played there a while ago and they're on again Tomorrow with us.

He said it's a rock bar, but in all fairness he is a little clueless lol.

And yeah, it is on Ecclesall Road, we don't even know how to get there yet.

Is it walking distance from the bus station?

cheers

they tend to put (rockish) local bands on every friday, some of them quite good. i think its makes for a nice venue, if you like the band you can sit close to the stage, if you dont like the band you can sit at the back and have a nice chat with friends, without feeling like your being rude to the band.

Archived