Sheffields #1 restaurant.

blackberry

I've mixed feelings about this place. The food is fantastic, but the service amateurish. I can see why they still haven't the michelin star they're so desperate for, although the cooking must deserve at least one. It's laughable how Fischers have one but Anthony's doesn't.

I can still taste their venison. :love:

As for Sheffield, Noodle Inn has to be up there as it's the only place I can return to most weeks and still enjoy after years. Otherwise, I'd plump for Jabu.

There's a couple of supposedly very good places in Bakewell I keep meaning to try.

Service was spot on for us. Maybe it was a good day for them, or maybe they have improved, or maybe I'd had so much wine I didn't care!! The Venison was good, but the risotto. Oh my LORD!!

Best place in Sheffield. Mmmmmm. Favourite places would be Platillos, Wasabisabi, Noodle bar, the Forum. But BEST place. It is silly but for really good restaurants I'll go out of Sheffield, or the country. But here. The 'good' ones are, for me out of the way - as in not salp bang in the middle of town. Like Marco's, Thyme (etc), Morans, Nonnas, Walnut Club & Old Vicarage are located outside the city centre. Living in town, I don't bother walking/bussing/taxi-ing to these restaurants, but I happily travelled to Venice to eat Carpaccio at Harry's bar!

Ok, BEST restaurant for me is Wasabisabi. Good food & good cocktails. And you can kid yourself that by eating a bit of sushi you are being healthy.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
viva tequila is absolutely crap and one of the worst places to eat

I agree totally. It's one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to. I haven't just been once either, the first time was by choice, the second time was somebody's birthday. The third time was a drunken group decision (The first two occasions were so bad I didn't order food the third time, I just drank a couple of glasses of wine and got a takeaway when I got home). On every occasion we went it was practically empty.

The waiting staff are very pleasant and professional. No complaints there. But the food tasted like it was cooked by someone who'd never cooked anything more complex than a pot noodle and had bought a random range of the cheapest produce from the local Lidl, thrown the ingredients into a pan, hoped for the best then slopped it onto a plate.

Sheffield contains some amazing Italian restaurants such as BBs, Nonnas, Marco at Milanos, Maranello's, Piccolino's, and about 10 others I could name.

Viva Tequila???? Best in Sheffield??? Really??? I know everyone is different and people like different things and diversity is a great thing. But I just can't imagine how anybody could rate this place.

Archived