Sheffields #1 restaurant.

blackberry

I just realised I replied without contributing to this topic of the thread.

I like Nonna's, expensive but very nice food.

Picollinos is very nice (incidentally, I once politely mentioned that I'd been waiting a while for a drink I'd ordered (I think the waiter had forgotten about it), no big deal, he apologised and brought it straight over. Then the manager came over and said he was very sorry. I really didn't consider it a big deal and didn't cause any sort of fuss over the issue. When we went to pay they refused to allow me to pay for all the food I'd eaten (starter, main and dessert) and gave me everything (apart from the wine I'd drunk) for free!!! I was a bit drunk and so astonished at the amazing courtesy that I threw in another £20 into the tip. That's not the reason they are on this list btw, I find the food is genuinely very nice. The pizzas are nice, but the steaks are incredible.

Zing Va is an experience. The waiters are all grumpy as hell but for me it's the best Chinese food in Sheffield.

Maranello's is great

Loktana, very nice.

The Wig and Pen is fantastic (I think that's the same people as The Milestone? - which I've yet to visit). The only thing I didn't like is they do those fat chips stacked into a tower, which is a bit pretentious, but anyway, the food was very nice.

Well after having a wonderful lunch of Lobster Ravioli and Sea Bream the other week I must say that Gusto now must be in the frame for this accolade.

I also called in there last week for a quick lunch and had the special pizza which was fennel sausage and was excellent with a wonderful thin crust

• 1 month later...

Archived