Lindsay Road Junior & infants school

Hi Brian,

I remember your name but can't conjour up a picture of you face.

Did you remember Greame Robinson who lived on Swanbourne |Place, his father was a policeman, do you remember the Fawcett twins who lived in the same place and chad a younger sister called Francis who used to be in my class.

I remember Allan Webster and hated him because he was Joyces boyfriend at that time.

Yes there were good times but I think we forget the rubbish bits.

Hi Lucifer i remember some of the names but faces dim with time ,what is your name and where did you live ,and where do you live now .i used to live on elm lane ,i can recall many faces but not many names ,of \masters David Bailey Eddy Wittles Milton brothers Brian and Chas Ledwoods Fowlers Revells, Kenny Wild Allen Hinchliffe ,of Lindsay Av,G Bagshaw Ernest Littlewood Ken Scoley Jack Skelton Len Judge of Inglow Eddy Goldthorpe of the top of Masters thinl he had twin sister .Spent most of my time in Longley Park.

I was there from nursery to J4, left in 1960. Mr Crossley was my teacher

for J3 & J4. It was a lovely little school, all pre-fab buildings, they were going to knock it down for ever - until they finally did..... so many children passed through that school, many went on to achieve much success.

My favourite teacher was Miss Meggison, she was my teacher for J1 & J2,

such a lovely lady, all of our class were invited to her wedding. She left the school and moved to Rutland, she had twin boys so I heard. I have tried to find her, to thank her for being such an inspiring teacher, over the years without success.

Alan Belk, was your sister (Joyce) May Queen ?

I also went to the Youth Club in later years. Stan Cooke was the Leader,

her was such a lovely gentleman.

Yes Joyce is my sister, she lives in Matlock at the moment, she has two daughters called Sarah and Suzanne.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember Joyce Simmonite, she did have two other sisters, the oldest was called Pauline, I can't remember the name of the middle one, Joyce was the youngest and the most attractive, she was film star quality. Can't think of anyone who could match her for looks.

Just remembered, the middle sisters name was Lillian, on reflection all three were good lookers, they just got better the cyounger they were.

• 10 months later...
Yes Joyce is my sister, she lives in Matlock at the moment, she has two daughters called Sarah and Suzanne.

Alan, can you please ask your Joyce for photos of the May Day when she

was May Queen. I think I was in one of her retinues, possibly the year

she came back after leaving Lindsay Rd school. it would be great if she could post them. Thank you.

she came back after leaving Lindsay Rd school. it would be great if she could post them. Thank you.

Send me a PM with details so that i can let joyce Know.

• 3 weeks later...

I now have three photos of the May Queen group. If you are still interested, send me a private message (PM) with your details and I will send them on.

• 9 months later...
went to lindsay road school 43-49 prefab type classrooms large playground 2 large air raid shelters full of jam-jars i believe these jars were collected for the war effort jam-jars were a lot bigger then 2 teachers i remember are miss tunstall who was verry fussy and mr cleary who had connections with the raf he looked the part with his ginger moustache years later it was reported in the star that he had passed away and as a mark of respect a flypast of aircraft had flown over his home names that i can still remember gloria wyatt margaret wallace harry theaker tony blunt kieth brassinton also one of the fowlers who used to live at the bottom of masters road i have a photo of one of the class groups about 37 in the class

Eidith, are you still around ?.

• 2 weeks later...

hiya Jowhitmil i used to hang around with you dad when i was about 15yrs,your dad was 14 yrs,we did wieght training on their back garden on Masters Rd,with another pal called Alen Webster who lived on Lindsay Avn.iav still got a school photo of your dad in my wallet ,i have had it since about 1954, or 55.i dont have any more as we didnt have money for photos,what i remember about your dad was his cheeky smiling eyes ,we lost touch when i started courting in about 1957,never forgot him i can see him now,lovely kid ,

Hi Brian thanks for posting. My dad married Maureen Colton who lived on Deerlands Avenue, do you know her too? Unfortunately my dad passed away in Jan last year (you may already know that - news travels on 'the cross'!). Uncle Chuck is still around, as is Teddy Wittles. Thats the comment most used about my dad (and my mum funnily enough) the twinkly eyes, and they twinkled right up to the end! I'll remember you to Uncle chuck when I next see him. We have some photos of them both on the back garden training (and posing!) but they are just of the 2 of them no one else. I'd love to see the photo that you have, and maybe copy it for my mum?