Eyesight test on my driving test..

l know someone that arranged for all their relatives to be parked on the street, and she learned all the numbers.

I had to do the number plate reading at the driving test centre, it was the examiner who did it, so I don't see how this method could work! He asked me which car was mine then asked me to read out another number plate.

I wear glasses for short-sightedness which I have to wear for driving. My eyesight is not too bad, but I could not drive without glasses, the couple of times I have driven at night without them were very scary and I will never do it again, ever.

It doesn't cost a lot to have your eyes tested, if you are on benefits or a student you can get it free.

• 8 months later...

I think having an eye test is the first thing you should do anyway. If you cannot see properly, or if you have an eye problem, then you need to know otherwise it will be very dangerous to drive. I wear glasses and without them I would probably crash into a tree.

I think having an eye test is the first thing you should do anyway. If you cannot see properly, or if you have an eye problem, then you need to know otherwise it will be very dangerous to drive. I wear glasses and without them I would probably crash into a tree.

:D Without my lenses I wouldn't be able to find the keys to start the damned thing let alone crash it!

OP, just get your eyes checked out! You never know it may pick up on some problem other than just short/long sightedness which could have your sight in the long run.

You also might find your quality of life is better with corrected vision anyway :)

l know someone that arranged for all their relatives to be parked on the street, and she learned all the numbers.

Where exactly was this ghost town ? It can't be Sheffield as it is probably impossible to get any one car parked on a specific street at any time never mind a load of relatives all at the same time.

Is this a solo urban myth?

PS if your eyesight is that bad how would you know which car is the chosen one by the examiner?

Archived