E. H.Pickfords Ecclesall Rd

bullerboY

Hi Terry I am no longer in the motor trade, I work on a duck breeding farm in nafferton where i also live. hope you are enjoying your retierment,not been back to sheffield for about 3 yrs but yes your right it has changed a lot

all the best mick

Hi Terry I am no longer in the motor trade, I work on a duck breeding farm in nafferton where i also live. hope you are enjoying your retierment,not been back to sheffield for about 3 yrs but yes your right it has changed a lot

all the best mick

hi wessie mick

just caught up again with thread is terry c terrycapel was still a apprentice when i was there other names like e hall did steam cleaning,ken rohdes was in charge of the 2 service ramps with ali bongo [he bought my super minx estate] helped by jaun ramos.lol richardson did body work,richard angus triky dick paul stephenson[rocket man] worked with ulley the electrian,miles raynor.albert hall les smith paul morrell alan rushforth all worked on shop floor bernard was shop forman billsmith service manager great time was had by all regards aj

hi wessie mick

just caught up again with thread is terry c terrycapel was still a apprentice when i was there other names like e hall did steam cleaning,ken rohdes was in charge of the 2 service ramps with ali bongo [he bought my super minx estate] helped by jaun ramos.lol richardson did body work,richard angus triky dick paul stephenson[rocket man] worked with ulley the electrian,miles raynor.albert hall les smith paul morrell alan rushforth all worked on shop floor bernard was shop forman billsmith service manager great time was had by all regards aj

Hi aj did you used to be a football ref ? All the best mick

Hi aj did you used to be a football ref ? All the best mick

hi mick

yes i hade the great pleasure of that sport managed 15 years befofe i retiered from the game when bernard retiered and d davis was made garage forman alan rushforth became chargehand les smith took charge of apprentice with the help of albert hall what a great set of lads all the mechanics were and a pleasure to work with them all regards aj

hi mick

yes i hade the great pleasure of that sport managed 15 years befofe i retiered from the game when bernard retiered and d davis was made garage forman alan rushforth became chargehand les smith took charge of apprentice with the help of albert hall what a great set of lads all the mechanics were and a pleasure to work with them all regards aj

Hi carbrook lad i can remember who you are now when i started work there you had a broken arm and worked in the stores did you leave about 77 cheers mick

Hi carbrook lad i can remember who you are now when i started work there you had a broken arm and worked in the stores did you leave about 77 cheers mick

hi mick

yes i did have a broken wrist but never work in stores alan rushforth and i modified the pot so i could still use spanners lasterd about 2 weeks till i fogot and put a wheel in the big tank to check for a puncture i did leave in 77 and whent to holmeand younie suffolk road and work on renault till it closed down

regards aj

eh up aj went to work in the junglies corner with les and albert. albert alos went to pub at dinner time, when he came back he used to send me to bakers for some drippin cakes always got caught by bill smith

hi mick

yes albert like a pint at dinner time that brings back memories the junglies corner les smith and i worked the late shift in the week and the break down shift sat till 4 oclock les was a great bloke and friend and a wis with transaxles on the fine imp range plus gearboxes left sheffield my self in 1984 to chase work lived in a small market town at thorne nr doncaster for the last 22 years but looking to down size and get a bunglow around sheffield area

regards aj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I worked there from 1969 to about 1973/4 worked with Dave Loveday, Dave Shore, Phil Walker, Gordon Westran, Len Tidy, to name a few. Remember taking H120 on rolling road to see how much I could get out of it, also remember Alan Havenhand, used to do all the recovery work I used to go with him on quite a few jobs and when we had time we used to call in a pub on the Manor for pie, peas and a pint, I believe Alan died a number of years ago. Talking of pubs as well as The Prince I used to go to the Sun on Pear St at lunch, makes you wonder how we used to work in the afternoon.