Crown green bowling in sheffield

Hi,

We have various bowling clubs on our database and website, and these include crown green bowling. They can be found here: http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org.uk/keyword_search.asp?keyword=BOWLING.

In addition, the Sheffield and Hallamshire Crown Green Bowling Association might be a good place to try. Their website is: http://www.sheffieldcrowngreenbowling.com/

Hope that helps,

Ann

I have played in a team since I was ten . Unfortunately bowling is a dying sport with not many younger people taking it up.

There are still plenty of teams around and the standard is very high in the top two divisions (dont worry if you are a beginner the lower leagues are less competative).

If you are interseted in playing pop down to Laycocks on Archer Road one Saturday afternoon and ask about it. Even if you dont like the bowling the beer is excellent!!

Jeans are only banned in certain competritions not for league or cup games

I used to play a few years ago. I found most teams didn't accommodate younger players and the sport was very clicky amugst veterans.

No doubt I will receive loads of replies disagreeing but I should point out I tried to join 6 different clubs, the last being in Eckington who took my membership but never got back to me about playing.

<<<Unfortunately bowling is a dying sport with not many younger people taking it up. >>>

Over this season, we have come up against a few teams with young players, so don't write it off yet! If you approached my club about membership, we would welcome you. Where abouts do you live?

• 10 months later...

A good time of the year to update this thread.

Most clubs are looking for new blood whether it's players new to the game or lapsed bowlers who would like to get back playing.

Ladies and men,boys and girls,veterans( over 60s) are all catered for at most clubs,and it's the friendliest game that I've ever played.

Try looking at the website of "the Beighton Bowler" for an idea of what's on offer around Sheffield and South Yorks area.

• 2 months later...

If there is anyone interested in taking up bowling then have a look at the Abbey pub in Woodseats. If you did not know, it has its own bowling green and is looking for social members. Its only £10 per year for individuals and there are couples, and family memberships available. They are also looking for women players for the next season and junior players as well. If your interested give the ma call

Archived