Motor car - do you remember your first one?

mine was a triumph vetesse streight 6 twin webbers chassis broke going up hutcliffe-wood road behind millhouses park walked away from from the accident witout a scrach but wrote the car off and a lamp post and some wooden fencing got £25 scrap for it

My first ever car was a 1992 Skoda Favorit LS Estate in lurgy red. Technically, that was my wife's car, but I actually paid for it.

I didn't get my very own, personal, car until some time later due to the excessive insurance costs for young men, but when I did it was a 1989 Ford Fiesta Mk3 in Red.

Back in '71 I became the proud owner of a 1960 Mini. Very basic it was. Starter button on the floor, extremely long gear stick that went right through to the engine, and those funny catches on the windows (no winders in those days!). £25 I paid for it. It had done 165,000 miles and the engine was as sweet as a rusty nail. Top speed 45mph except when going downhill with the wind behind you and in neutral, when it would fly. Unfortunately at such ridiculous speeds it did take about a week to stop the damn thing. Wish I'd still got it as people will pay a fortune for personalised plates these days. 7687 UG

Everyone knows somebody called UG................

I can't remember if I have commented in this thread before and I can't be bothered to go check so I may repeat myself ;)

My first car was a J reg Rover Maestro which I still have. I love it to bits and would not consider parting with it.

This car is also rather special as it is the only known surviving ex-police Maestro in the country.

The car is currently under restoration (the years of being in the police force doesn't seem to have done the paintwork anygood), and once finished will be converted back to the way he used to look when in the police force. So in a couple of years time some of you may see him about at shows and such in the local area.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

I can't remember if I have commented in this thread before and I can't be bothered to go check so I may repeat myself ;)

My first car was a J reg Rover Maestro which I still have. I love it to bits and would not consider parting with it.

This car is also rather special as it is the only known surviving ex-police Maestro in the country.

The car is currently under restoration (the years of being in the police force doesn't seem to have done the paintwork anygood), and once finished will be converted back to the way he used to look when in the police force. So in a couple of years time some of you may see him about at shows and such in the local area.

I remember an old police car owned by a pub landlord near Barnard Castle, i can't remember the make but they used it occasionaly to taxi customers home.

I was told they also lease it to film companies as a prop which helps to pay for it's upkeep.

Is yours the turbo model Skatiechik?

any pics?