Wedding murders in Dore Sheffield

I think they ought to let him out. Not forgetting to let everyone know where he lives and what he has done. He will wish he was back inside, he will have no life outside.

Best thing for him to do is sign a donor form and let his body be used as parts and feed the rest to the dogs. That way instead of him costing £120,000 a year to keep he could help people waiting for organs and save £120,000 a year.

I honestly don't see the problem. He can challenge his full life term all he wants - doesn't mean we have to let him go free, even if he ends up getting a minimum term applied retrospectively to his sentence.

The EU haven't banned life sentences - just life sentences with no minimum term.

Instead of handing down a whole life tariff, what about giving out sentences like a minimum of 100 years. While the prisoner will end up spending the rest of their life behind bars, in theory they do have a realise date.

Yeah, let him out, and provide him a free home, next door to one of these judges...

The chances of him being released are minimal. This is about whether whole life sentences should be reviewed - as they used to be in this country after 25 years until 2003. There's nothing to stop the authorities reviewing his sentence and then saying "Nope - you're staying inside".

I'm not even sure that letting someone build up their hopes that they might get released only to have them dashed is not worse for the inmate that just being told you're never getting out.