Clifton Park, Rotherham

Why doesn't Sheffield have a park that we can be proud of, just like Clifton Park in Rotherham. I'm not sure how many members on here have been to Clifton Park before, but it is certainly the best part in South Yorkshire if you ask me and certainly has to be a contender for one of the best parks within the whole UK. Just a shame how Sheffield can't have something to compete with this sadly...

Once again, it seems that Sheffield is lagging behind, but this time not to Leeds, but to Rotherham! :rant:

On a bus the other day travelling up City Rd, a girl of 5 was praising the park, loud enough for all to hear, asking her parents how soon they could go back there. What a joy it was to hear.

What do you think Clifton park has that is not present in a Sheffield park?

What do you think Clifton park has that is not present in a Sheffield park?

Erm not sure about that it definatley seem's to have a place in people's hearts though.

I think the question should be what has Sheffield parks not got what Clifton Park has got.

Sheffield for all it's greenery and size is **** poor for a decent sized park with a real feeling.

Once again, it seems that Sheffield is lagging behind, but this time not to Leeds, but to Rotherham! :rant:
You are sorely mistaken and ignorant Michael. Sheffield has tens of superb parks around the city that **** all over Rotherham and its one green.

Graves Park and Norfolk Parks have woods and meadows as well as green spaces.

Ecclesall Woods are, like the name says, woods. The Sheaf Valley is bordered by woods, from Abbeydale to Totley and Derbyshire.

Rotherham has Clifton, which is average at best, and Rother Valley muddy back yard. Who thinks Rotherham has better parks than Sheffield knows neither Sheffield nor Rotherham. Get a map out or remain in ignorance.

Why doesn't Sheffield have a park that we can be proud of, just like Clifton Park in Rotherham. I'm not sure how many members on here have been to Clifton Park before, but it is certainly the best part in South Yorkshire if you ask me and certainly has to be a contender for one of the best parks within the whole UK. Just a shame how Sheffield can't have something to compete with this sadly...

If you get a group of interested people together and form a 'friends of your local park' group, then you could do what the Friends of Clifton Park have done and get a National Lottery grant to improve your park! Its all here: http://www.cliftonpark.org.uk/news.htm

Anyway, there are superb parks in Sheffield, with all sorts of different amenities - I'm a fan of the Walled Garden in Hillsborough for instance.

You are sorely mistaken and ignorant Michael. Sheffield has tens of superb parks around the city that **** all over Rotherham and its one green.

Graves Park and Norfolk Parks have woods and meadows as well as green spaces.

Ecclesall Woods are, like the name says, woods. The Sheaf Valley is bordered by woods, from Abbeydale to Totley and Derbyshire.

Rotherham has Clifton, which is average at best, and Rother Valley muddy back yard. Who thinks Rotherham has better parks than Sheffield knows neither Sheffield nor Rotherham. Get a map out or remain in ignorance.

i think the OP is referring to the fact that clifton park has a permanent kiddies funfair within the park aswel as the usual swings slides etc, a permanent funfair which sheffield doesnt have to my knowledge aswel as a kids paddling pool which is very clean compared to the muck at rivelin

Archived