Clifton Park, Rotherham

You are sorely mistaken and ignorant Michael. Sheffield has tens of superb parks around the city that **** all over Rotherham and its one green.

Graves Park and Norfolk Parks have woods and meadows as well as green spaces.

Ecclesall Woods are, like the name says, woods. The Sheaf Valley is bordered by woods, from Abbeydale to Totley and Derbyshire.

Rotherham has Clifton, which is average at best, and Rother Valley muddy back yard. Who thinks Rotherham has better parks than Sheffield knows neither Sheffield nor Rotherham. Get a map out or remain in ignorance.

I think this is very uncalled for and ignorant. Neither in a conversation about parks do you have to mention a word which wont even show up on here. Why do people of Sheffield get very arrogant when it comes to actually admitting that Rotherham might just have somewhere better than Sheffield. Its not a dig at Sheffield you know. It is better now than any of the current parks in Sheffield.

You are sorely mistaken and ignorant Michael. Sheffield has tens of superb parks around the city that **** all over Rotherham and its one green.

Graves Park and Norfolk Parks have woods and meadows as well as green spaces.

Ecclesall Woods are, like the name says, woods. The Sheaf Valley is bordered by woods, from Abbeydale to Totley and Derbyshire.

Rotherham has Clifton, which is average at best, and Rother Valley muddy back yard. Who thinks Rotherham has better parks than Sheffield knows neither Sheffield nor Rotherham. Get a map out or remain in ignorance.

Clifton park has a certain 'feel' about it that most parks dont have, just because a large patch of grass with a few trees is called a 'park' they seldom capture the real atmosphere of what a park is all about, sure Sheffield has tens of parks...sadly, none of them come close to what Clifton has to offer, and i dont just mean facilities...i mean atmosphere.

The only parks that do come close that can be considered 'nearby' are Clumber park and Matlock park.

Sheffield does have some good parks, but if they took a leaf out of Cliftons books, Sheffield could have some great parks too.

Clifton park has a certain 'feel' about it that most parks dont have, just because a large patch of grass with a few trees is called a 'park' they seldom capture the real atmosphere of what a park is all about, sure Sheffield has tens of parks...sadly, none of them come close to what Clifton has to offer, and i dont just mean facilities...i mean atmosphere.

The only parks that do come close that can be considered 'nearby' are Clumber park and Matlock park.

Sheffield does have some good parks, but if they took a leaf out of Cliftons books, Sheffield could have some great parks too.

Couldn't have put it across better myself. :)

Clifton Park has the following, which to my knowledge no other Sheffield park has,

1 - Dedicated security team.

2 - Full time funfair.

3 - Crazy Golf (up by the top end of the park)

4 - Free Museum.

5 - A brand new Waterpark.

6 - A peace garden / rock garden, also with a WWII memorial site.

7 - A very nice, safe and welcoming feel overall.

The only thing which is sadly missing is a small lake / boating lake, such as the one at Graves Park / Millhouses Park.

But just look at the state of Sheffield's Parks compared to Clifton Park (and most other Rotherham parks) and just how clean, tidy and safe they compare!

It's also home to the largest free show in the North of England, the Rotherham Show (apart from this year of course, which is based at Rosehill Park at Rawmarsh this weekend, due to the works that are still on-going at Clifton Park. Hopefully it'll be back at Clifton Park next year).

Clifton Park has the following, which to my knowledge no other Sheffield park has,

1 - Dedicated security team.

2 - Full time funfair.

3 - Crazy Golf (up by the top end of the park)

4 - Free Museum.

5 - A brand new Waterpark.

6 - A peace garden / rock garden, also with a WWII memorial site.

7 - A very nice, safe and welcoming feel overall.

The only thing which is sadly missing is a small lake / boating lake, such as the one at Graves Park / Millhouses Park.

But just look at the state of Sheffield's Parks compared to Clifton Park (and most other Rotherham parks) and just how clean, tidy and safe they compare!

Yep, It has just had 4.5mil lottery fund spent on it. And it was brilliant before. Now it is even better. Only thing is years ago it also used to have animals, donkey rides and a mini zoo as i called it as a child!! I miss that.

Clifton park has always been a park where people have always come from miles around to go to with their kids.

Archived