Clifton Park, Rotherham

It has always had first aid facilities. When I was little im in my 30's now it a room next to the pool.
yeah but theyve suppose to have done it all up & got first aiders on at all times the pools open now, whereas before they were only on in the 6wk holidays, im not sure as to the weekends, but theyre suppose to be there whenever the pools open

Clifton Park had it's dark days in the past, Drug Dealers / Smack heads etc as I used to live in Rotherham.

It's took people power to get it where it is now, and it's about time too. It a shame that the animal enclosure, and the donkeys are not still there. God knows what people would liken it to then, but I was told the reason why they were removed was due to the toubles in the park had in the past.

I went the other day. It was awesome. Sheffield is way behind, and why? OK, we have bigger, more beautifully landscaped parks but we're playing at it compared to Rotherham in the pleasing kids stakes. They seem to have really taken the time to find out what works, what kids these days want.

I was talking to one of the security guys (which he says operate every day until 8.00pm) and he was telling me that it's all designed too, to make the kids work harder/keep them fit, like the water pump that you really have to flex the muscles to work, the slide that you have to really climb first.

There were kids of all ages there, and something to attract all tastes.

The security idea is spot on. Kids deserve to feel safe and know someone is keeping an eye out.

Also lots of affordable/free parking in the park. Come on Sheffield, surely we can do as well as Rotherham?

As someone who lived in Sheffield for 31 years but now lives in Rotherham I have to say Clifton Park is streets ahead of anything Sheffield has to offer. Whilst Sheffield has some very large green open spaces, these are sadly lacking in facilities. What facilities they do have are usually in poor condition.

I used to live overlooking Clifton Park and agree with what many others have said........it has a great atmosphere and feel about it.

Why doesn't Sheffield have a park that we can be proud of, just like Clifton Park in Rotherham. I'm not sure how many members on here have been to Clifton Park before, but it is certainly the best part in South Yorkshire if you ask me and certainly has to be a contender for one of the best parks within the whole UK. Just a shame how Sheffield can't have something to compete with this sadly...

Once again, it seems that Sheffield is lagging behind, but this time not to Leeds, but to Rotherham! :rant:

I don't understand the fuss about this park. It seems really ordinary to me.

Archived