Clifton Park, Rotherham

I think Sheffield has some amazing parks - Graves / Endcliffe to name a few, I'm intrigued anyhow so where exactly is Clifton Park?
Its on the eastern side of Roth town centre (which admittedly is cr@p) About a 10 miute walk up Doncaster Road or a similar distance from the bus station up St Anns Rd

i took my friends' children a couple of times over the holidays and it's lovely. What a reasonably cheap day out for families. The children loved two of the three pools (one was closed) and I like how it feels like sand under your feet but isn't sand. It's free as well! It's got the cafe, stalls and the funfair for them too - which sadly costs a fortune. We took a picnic and it really was a pleasant afternoon. We didn't get to the museum but I've been before and that's another trip!

I don't think Rotherham can be begrudged one nice thing, it's not got much else going for it these days (although Parkgate and the new leisure centre are also pretty good!)

I think Sheffield has some amazing parks - Graves / Endcliffe to name a few, I'm intrigued anyhow so where exactly is Clifton Park?

A map of the park is available here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Clifton+Park,+Rotherham,+S65&sll=53.589187,-2.188648&sspn=1.230864,4.216003&ie=UTF8&ll=53.431322,-1.344237&spn=0.018665,0.065875&z=15

• 1 year later...
Ok thanks, its for my daughter and her friends, do you catch 69 from pond street?

Yes, in the interchange. At Rotherham you leave the bus station at the back (not heading into town centre) and walk up Wharncliffe st. It's the dual carriageway way that runs behind the market. The park is opposite the top of here.

Archived