School uniform rules gone mad!!

Parkwood Academy have told their pupils that if they have their hair dyed they will be sent home and suspended. Its a world gone mad.

They also have a 'new' 70's style blazer and tie. The teachers however are allowed to wear what they want, talk about hypocrits.

I think they're perfectly right to send a child home if they've dyed their hair. That's not suitable for school at all.

Are the teachers particularly scruffily dressed or are most of them smart anyway?

Its’s called discipline, Teachers get blamed for not instilling discipline into children and when they do they still get blamed.

I am absolutely 100% behind schools instilling discipline and I'm completely in favour of standards of uniform being upheld. But I am struggling to work out why they're getting so hung up on pleats in trousers and lack of pockets. As long as the clothes are smart and the correct colour, that is surely all that is necessary?

Just found out my 12 year old nephew has been sent home from school for wearing the wrong STYLE trousers. They are entirely black as requested but they dont have a pleat as requested.

His mum (who is at work) has contacted the school and apologised for what is a genuine mistake and been told he can go back into school for today but will be isolated from the other kids.

Now am I missing something here. this is a good kid who behaves himself and is doing well at school. who decides that it is ok to take him away from his work and his friends for something that is not his fault.

Even if it does contravine the uniform (albeit by accident) it still is not the childs fault. I'm so angry over this one. if I were his mum I think I'd be inclined to take this further

This is happening at my daughter's school. They banned trainers (fair enough), now, they are banning linnen trousers. Now my daughter has been out and bought these trousers as she feels comfortable in them. I have looked at them to see where the problem lies, and for the life of me I can't see. I'm afraid I will be taking this further. Not all parents can afford to replace school clothing willy nilly based on the latest whim of the headteacher. Has anyone challenged something like this successfully?

Buy the trousers with pockets and sew them up?

Or you could do what my mother did, when I went to school with something slightly out of synch with the uniform (brown shoes instead of black):-

My mother said "When you are the one paying for my daughter's clothing, you can dictate what she wears! lol"

My sentiments entirely.

I will be saying this to the school when they try to enforce this ban on linen trousers.

What are you? A meercat? For tomorrow maybe, but sending a kid home alone for that on the first day of school seems an overreaction.

School got delusions obviously, thinking they're Birkdale or somewhere :hihi:

btw - it's press a crease, not iron. You need a damp cloth to do the job right, simples ;).

If my daughter is sent home unattended, heads will roll.

Parkwood Academy have told their pupils that if they have their hair dyed they will be sent home and suspended. Its a world gone mad.

They also have a 'new' 70's style blazer and tie. The teachers however are allowed to wear what they want, talk about hypocrits.

parkwood academy also told my daughter the blouse she bought from asda school range was unsuitable as it did not button up to the neck (not mentioned in information given out by the school )...she was put into supervision for this today her first day back....to be told the blouse was fine ....... parkwood academy seem to be making rules up as they go along,,,the new school times were made without consultation with parents or school council cant wait to see what they come up with next............

parkwood academy also told my daughter the blouse she bought from asda school range was unsuitable as it did not button up to the neck (not mentioned in information given out by the school )...she was put into supervision for this today her first day back....to be told the blouse was fine ....... parkwood academy seem to be making rules up as they go along,,,the new school times were made without consultation with parents or school council cant wait to see what they come up with next............
most schools encourage your child to be in an allocated class on the first day of term cos its important to get use to new classmates/teachers sort timetables etc, so for the sake of a lousy button your child misses out on this supposed important day by being placed in another class! i would make a fuss about it if i were you like you said it wernt mentioned on the info pack & tell them you payed hard earned money for it & also say she's wearing it wether the school like it or not, its there mistake (i cant see them reimbursing you the cost) but dont let them off lightly

most schools encourage your child to be in an allocated class on the first day of term cos its important to get use to new classmates/teachers sort timetables etc, so for the sake of a lousy button your child misses out on this supposed important day by being placed in another class! i would make a fuss about it if i were you like you said it wernt mentioned on the info pack & tell them you payed hard earned money for it & also say she's wearing it wether the school like it or not, its there mistake (i cant see them reimbursing you the cost) but dont let them off lightly

i did say to the lady that phoned me today to explain why my daughter had been put in supervision that as i was working until 5pm i may not be able get a suitable replacement tonight ..therefore my daughter may not be in school tomorrow...she expressed how the school would love to see her in school but my comments would be noted.....she is going to school tomorrow ..in the same blouse...if she is sent home i have sorted some one to pick her up...i will not be buying another style blouse until she has grown out of the ones i have purchased already so looks like we are going to have a fun time ahead

I am all for school uniforms and compliance.

However my youngster is tall an skinny..and we have major problems finding trousers to fit. A few months ago the thin black belt that came with the trousers broke.....she only had a thin silver belt that fitted....we went all over to try to buy a black belt to fit her small waist....without any luck.

Anyways after a coupla weeks she musta stretched in class...and a teacher saw the colour of the belt beneath her sweatshirt...she was made to take it off and for the rest of the day had to walk around school with her hands in her pockets holding her trousers up!!

pmsl good job she aint at Yewlands....she would have had a nightmare holding her trousers up without her pockets :hihi::hihi:

Schools and uniforms are really taking the p*** now. I am all for discipline etc.....but ohhhhhhhh *** how far do you take it??

i did say to the lady that phoned me today to explain why my daughter had been put in supervision that as i was working until 5pm i may not be able get a suitable replacement tonight ..therefore my daughter may not be in school tomorrow...she expressed how the school would love to see her in school but my comments would be noted.....she is going to school tomorrow ..in the same blouse...if she is sent home i have sorted some one to pick her up...i will not be buying another style blouse until she has grown out of the ones i have purchased already so looks like we are going to have a fun time ahead

Could you please keep us updated as I feel I will be having the same battle? I refuse to go out and buy new clothes as the ones she has were perfectly ok before the holidays.

Archived