School uniform rules gone mad!!

i did say to the lady that phoned me today to explain why my daughter had been put in supervision that as i was working until 5pm i may not be able get a suitable replacement tonight ..therefore my daughter may not be in school tomorrow...she expressed how the school would love to see her in school but my comments would be noted.....she is going to school tomorrow ..in the same blouse...if she is sent home i have sorted some one to pick her up...i will not be buying another style blouse until she has grown out of the ones i have purchased already so looks like we are going to have a fun time ahead
im with you on that cos if they ever send mine home im not going out of my way to purchase new stuff, i think the schools should be a little flexible, as long as your kids have the right coloured trousers/tops etc, as i said earlier its been a nightmare getting her some trousers that fit properly some schools just dont realise how difficult it is to get all the right specified trousers

My child goes to Park Academy and has told me that some kids get sent home for not wearing the approved uniform. I think a 30 days notice should be introduced for variation from policy. This should give most parents the chance to get the "approved" item of uniform.Are the "Eddy Grant's" still available? I went to school in the 80's and school clothing was provided via that scheme. I know it helped a lot of parents out.

I am all for school uniforms and compliance.

However my youngster is tall an skinny..and we have major problems finding trousers to fit. A few months ago the thin black belt that came with the trousers broke.....she only had a thin silver belt that fitted....we went all over to try to buy a black belt to fit her small waist....without any luck.

Anyways after a coupla weeks she musta stretched in class...and a teacher saw the colour of the belt beneath her sweatshirt...she was made to take it off and for the rest of the day had to walk around school with her hands in her pockets holding her trousers up!!

pmsl good job she aint at Yewlands....she would have had a nightmare holding her trousers up without her pockets :hihi::hihi:

Schools and uniforms are really taking the p*** now. I am all for discipline etc.....but ohhhhhhhh *** how far do you take it??

i know how difficult it is with trousers my daughters very tall & skinny but we havnt had the belt problem fortunatly, i wish the schools or education idiots who make up all these rules would realise that evry child is different & no clothing manufacturers stuff is the same when it comes to sizes theyre all different yet theyre all suppose to be age 11-12 for example & will only just fit a kid of 8yrs old its crazy, the schools must think we have a magic wand or summat or know a shop where we can get them to fit perfect, its pure madness innit

My child goes to Park Academy and has told me that some kids get sent home for not wearing the approved uniform. I think a 30 days notice should be introduced for variation from policy. This should give most parents the chance to get the "approved" item of uniform.Are the "Eddy Grant's" still available? I went to school in the 80's and school clothing was provided via that scheme. I know it helped a lot of parents out.
30 days would seem reasonable to most parents however its not so fair on those with very low incomes, they buy what they can afford & normally buy the nearest they can get to the proper uniform, this is why i think schools should be a little more flexible with the rules, you cant always get the specific clothing & the schools dont give you the name of a shop that does the exact items, & theres no chance of helping you with any funding towards the clothing that can cost a small fortune wether your on a low or decent income

im with you on that cos if they ever send mine home im not going out of my way to purchase new stuff, i think the schools should be a little flexible, as long as your kids have the right coloured trousers/tops etc, as i said earlier its been a nightmare getting her some trousers that fit properly some schools just dont realise how difficult it is to get all the right specified trousers

ps the suppliers of the official school uniform balls up supplying certain items of pe kit..also i have to wait six weeks for the long sleeved sweaters i have paid in advance for,,,,,,will the suppliers be sent home / sacked for this ????

ps the suppliers of the official school uniform balls up supplying certain items of pe kit..also i have to wait six weeks for the long sleeved sweaters i have paid in advance for,,,,,,will the suppliers be sent home / sacked for this ????
will they helluz like! is your kid allowed to wear any sweater they want in the meantime?

30 days would seem reasonable to most parents however its not so fair on those with very low incomes, they buy what they can afford & normally buy the nearest they can get to the proper uniform, this is why i think schools should be a little more flexible with the rules, you cant always get the specific clothing & the schools dont give you the name of a shop that does the exact items, & theres no chance of helping you with any funding towards the clothing that can cost a small fortune wether your on a low or decent income

That is why I suggested some form of grant/help towards the school uniform. The academy school are private funded to some/most extent, if they want the pupils to wear the correct uniform assistance should not be unavailable.

That is why I suggested some form of grant/help towards the school uniform. The academy school are private funded to some/most extent, if they want the pupils to wear the correct uniform assistance should not be unavailable.
for how much the uniforms cost i think all schools/local education authories should provide funding towards the cost, its ridiculous. like some1 said earlier if you were at work your employer is obliged to supply you with uniform/overalls so why not schools?

will they helluz like! is your kid allowed to wear any sweater they want in the meantime?

they were given a free short sleeved sweater which is fine for now....but it is getting colder and i thought it a good idea to order her long sleeved ones...lol the woman dealing with orders only told me when i had paid that there was up to a six week wait...i could have thrown a moody and cancelled the order but then my daughter would have suffered the extra wait when she needs them

they were given a free short sleeved sweater which is fine for now....but it is getting colder and i thought it a good idea to order her long sleeved ones...lol the woman dealing with orders only told me when i had paid that there was up to a six week wait...i could have thrown a moody and cancelled the order but then my daughter would have suffered the extra wait when she needs them
i think under the circumstances your quite within your rights to let your child wear any sweater on a cold/rainy day in the meantime cos its them thats messed up & if they do happen to send your kid home just say well theyre not coming back until the new sweaters arrived. you can be just as moody as them & when it starts messing the schools attendance rates & the local education authority starts giving the headteacher a roasting over it you can sit back & laugh at the headteacher for being such a idiot:hihi:

Archived