School uniform rules gone mad!!

financial possition atm ?

Schools will make a dress code based on adverages of the probable incomes of families in their catchment area, that said it does nothing for the people that have dropped down their incomes with the recession we are in and for the families on the lower end of the scale of that finacial prediction. So that would answer your question as to why some people struggle to meet the requirements.

You still think its fair ?

It’s nothing to do with being fair; I don’t think that was the purpose of this post, if you would like to start a thread about social division that’s up to you, if people are unable to pay that’s quite a different topic altogether.

The topic is "School uniform rules gone mad", so why do you think it inapropriate to address any gripe about it like costs and the social implications of having a dress code ?

I think I have every right to post on a topic that is entitled in such a way to give scope for everything relivant. Im sorry but If you would like me to leave the topic to start another , I cant as I dont do requests.

, I cant as I dont do requests.

And there we have it:roll:, with that kind of attitude is it can’t pay or wont pay.:suspect:

The OP was about uniform rules, there implementation and the consequences of not conforming to them, no doubt you will have the last word and take this thread off on a tangent so I will leave you to it. :wave:

My daughter got stopped from wearing her cap yesterday in the playground as its not uniform. She removed it however was a bit ****** off when the school mafia gang all walked past the same teacher with their hats and bandana things on and nothing was said. She looked at the teacher who just looked away.

My daughter got stopped from wearing her cap yesterday in the playground as its not uniform. She removed it however was a bit ****** off when the school mafia gang all walked past the same teacher with their hats and bandana things on and nothing was said. She looked at the teacher who just looked away.

You know I think thats exactly my point. The kids who are well behaved and doing well are the ones the teachers seem to target with OTT rules.

The ones who delibratly break the rules are ignored because the teachers are fearful.

Ar the old "we will make them conform by getting at tho's who will offer no defence" routine.

My own kids have been a victim of that one where they decided to enforce the rules for something that was alot less than what was happening all around them, just to try and say to the worst offenders "look we dont tollerate this" without actually having the guts to put it to them personaly.

I think that a lot of this uniform lark is also depriving children of items of clothing that kids need like sun hats and coats ect. At my childs school they send the kids out in rain and strong sunlight with no shelter and if they seek shelter where there is some they get chastised for it, they sent them out one day in the rain and one of my friends childrenn got wet and muddy which was an obvious outcome and they sent him home in his PE kit even tho the weather had not let up ! his mother went mad when she saw him with blue legs. crazy.

Tell them to stuff the uniform unless the teachers have one too. Bloody regressive authoritarian nonsense.

I think this mignt give away what school im talking about to some but never mind,

The head teacher at my childs school is a woman and she doesnt even wear a bra and walks about with her nips out all day in the thinist tops she posseses I recon, so if she doesnt feel the need to dress for the occation and expresses her individuality (rightly so :D ) then how can she expect the kids to have to.

This is all stupid creases in trousers etc. I have a 13 year old who wears size 12 shoes and is wearing mens clothes. I have to get what I can to fit but my son is worried every day that something he is wearing may be picked on by some teacher. This is not discipline, this is bullying. I was at a prize giving recently and although the pupils were all in "Uniform" I could see quite a few infringements especially with the girls. However these were all top achievers at the school so strict adherence to uniform does not necessarily mean better pupils does it? There's many a bully in perfect uniform. An older son got to year 11 and was hating school. He bought bright orange trainers. The teachers complained and he said send me home I don't want to be here anyway. In the end they gave in. Wouldn't it be better to make the school a pleasant place to come too. Of course it would mean treating children like human beings not machines on a conveyor belt. I don't mind a dress code if its manageable but I had to go to 10 shops to find navy shorts with no Logo. I had to give up on the socks. I have hard enough time finding socks to fit and the right colour without worrying about logo on his football socks. I'm thoroughly fed up of this nit picking about uniform, counting pockets and complaining about tiny diamond logo on shoes. Now they don't want trainers at all. I would love to drag them round the shops with me to see how hard these requests are.

Archived