School uniform rules gone mad!!

bold -

Seems quite logical to me. When we were inside we wore 'pumps' or similar. I wouldn't wear them to play Rugby or Football outside. :confused:

My bold

Have you got kids in senior school?

It IS logical that you dont wear "pumps" for Rugby or Football.....but (if the poster is in same position as we are) what the school are saying is that kids need TWO pair of trainers/and or pumps ,,...one for indoor and one for outdoor....Football/Rugby boots are an extra expense.

Once my kid wore "indoor trainers" for playing out in...no time to put them through washer and dry for next "indoor PE" so they got cloths, cotton buds, baby wipes etc...and cleaned the trainers...every little crevice on the soles...OR they would have had detention......

Hmmm I suppose if ya got enough dosh you could provide your child with:

School shoes

Indoor trainers/Pumps

Outdoor Trainers/pumps

Football boots

home "playing out" trainers

Best shoes for home outings etc

Younger children grow so quick that many shoes/trainers only last a few moths...so multiply the above by 3 in a school year...its bloddy expensive

THEN if they go on a "school activity trip" they are expected to take extra items that they will not normally use/wear :roll:

Ohh and what about the text books & stuff that they need?

I dread September...it costs a bomb...£2 for this text book £3 for that one...etc etc etc

Its becoming more an more expensive to send ur kids to state schools

It IS logical that you don't wear "pumps" for Rugby or Football.....but (if the poster is in same position as we are) what the school are saying is that kids need TWO pair of trainers/and or pumps ,,...one for indoor and one for outdoor....Football/Rugby boots are an extra expense.

hard2miss never mentioned a third pair. He/she said two...

It seems the first day back at school they have dropped another one on us, now they are JUST telling us they require TWO of types of PE sports shoes, one indoor and one out!

Even with the third pair, it's not much more than the two. I went to buy some kids pumps the other day, and they were about 3 quid.

Once my kid wore "indoor trainers" for playing out in...no time to put them through washer and dry for next "indoor PE" so they got cloths, cotton buds, baby wipes etc...and cleaned the trainers...every little crevice on the soles...OR they would have had detention......

and? :confused:

Hmmm I suppose if ya got enough dosh you could provide your child with:

School shoes

Indoor trainers/Pumps

Outdoor Trainers/pumps

Football boots

home "playing out" trainers

Best shoes for home outings etc

If you've got enough money, you could buy a different pair for everyday of the year. If you haven't got enough money, you could shorten that list by combining school shoes and best shoes, by cleaning the school shoes a bit more for special occasions. Outdoor pumps, why?. Outdoor trainers could be used for home playing out, and indoor trainers. That cuts your list from 8 to 4.

Younger children grow so quick that many shoes/trainers only last a few months...so multiply the above by 3 in a school year...its bloody expensive

Well I've just about halved your bill above. And children have always grown, it's nothing new. :)

THEN if they go on a "school activity trip" they are expected to take extra items that they will not normally use/wear :roll:

People generally know in advance about trips, plenty of time to budget. Or failing that, people aren't that well off, can ask their kids to pick the trips they'd most like to go on, rather than all.

Ohh and what about the text books & stuff that they need?

I dread September...it costs a bomb...£2 for this text book £3 for that one...etc etc etc

Its becoming more an more expensive to send ur kids to state schools

It's always been expensive to have kids. :)

hard2miss never mentioned a third pair. He/she said two...

Even with the third pair, it's not much more than the two. I went to buy some kids pumps the other day, and they were about 3 quid.

and? :confused:

If you've got enough money, you could buy a different pair for everyday of the year. If you haven't got enough money, you could shorten that list by combining school shoes and best shoes, by cleaning the school shoes a bit more for special occasions. Outdoor pumps, why?. Outdoor trainers could be used for home playing out, and indoor trainers. That cuts your list from 8 to 4.

Well I've just about halved your bill above. And children have always grown, it's nothing new. :)

People generally know in advance about trips, plenty of time to budget. Or failing that, people aren't that well off, can ask their kids to pick the trips they'd most like to go on, rather than all.

It's always been expensive to have kids. :)

Parents should not pay for uniforms or school trips. You can't make education compulsory then charge for the privilege . 2 quid for a school meal . ! A slice of pizza , and a apple once for a friend of mine. Other days it will be spagbol and a apple . No wonder more and more are having packed lunch. Its the kids on free school meals I feel sorry for. I advise all parents who pay for school dinners to find out what you actually get. some one is making a profit !!!!!

Parents should not pay for uniforms

Not even at cost price if that was available? (and as mentioned earlier - if the code is strict)

If there are no uniforms, parents still have to clothe them in something. And probably with something more expensive.

or school trips.

Extra-curricular activities weren't really around when I was at school. After-school [sports] clubs had just ceased (I assume for overtime and insurance reasons).

If kids go on a skiing trip to France, you think that should be paid for by the tax-payer?

I don't.

You can't make education compulsory then charge for the privilege .

Basic education up to a recognised standard IS free to every child here.

2 quid for a school meal . ! A slice of pizza , and a apple once for a friend of mine. Other days it will be spagbol and a apple .

My recollection of school was that in First and Middle school, there was no choice, other than to people who had a special diet, or for religious reasons. In secondary school, I could take a pack up, or pay for a choice of loads of options. If 2 pound for a slice of pizza and an apple is the going rate, then why doesn't the parent make a pack up? 10 quid is plenty to make much more food for 5 days.

No wonder more and more are having packed lunch. Its the kids on free school meals I feel sorry for. I advise all parents who pay for school dinners to find out what you actually get. some one is making a profit !!!!!

I don't know all the pricing, so I don't know. The cost of labour probably has more to do with the suggested 2 quid, than the meal size. Food bought on that scale isn't that expensive.

The sending home has got worse in the last two years from this school but what I find more interesting is they could be at the top of the school league tables if they were about school unifrom but league tables are not about school uniform and although they are execessive on the affore mentioned subject would it not be better to more interested in what results the pupils at the school are getting.

School unifrom is fine I totally agree but sending children home can`t be good for their education or safety.

And more interesting what is put down on their attendance sheet for that day???????

This whole uniform thing is crazy, when i was at school wearing jumpers,trousers and shirts of the school uniform colour was completely acceptable, i don't see why the schools are forcing parents into buying expensive official school unifroms just because they have the school logo on it.

This poor kid being seperated from the other kids just because his trousers diddn't have a pleat, it makes me wonder why they're punishing a child just because of a simple unimportant mistake, it's cruel.

Archived