School uniform rules gone mad!!

lets just say asdas wernt upto scratch & didnt have the right size & wernt a fiver:D

Well, in answer to your question no I'm not having a laugh or shop at charity shops.

Initially it seemed like the OP had a point, but reading the article they have no excuse.

Why should the school implement a new policy if parents are free to decide that their children are exempt? And as for the idiot who is keeping her child off school because she is refusing to buy new trousers is setting a great example.

I take it you havent seen the offers on at asda etc then :hihi:

The way some kids go through school uniforms is unreal - my daughter "lost" 3 school jumpers last term...

And as for shoes, dont get me started on that !

asdas dunt last 2 minutes & weve never seen them under a fiver, i know where your coming from with shoes, nightmare

Is it you then who would rather your child stay away from home than pay £5 for some trousers? Fine example if so.

wherever does it say that Ryan has been kept away from school? he was sent home on monday as the original post says for having a small pocket on the seat of his trousers and no crease.

He was told to leave school and neither parent were informed. the trousers were bought in error as the were the same style he wore last term.

his mother was informed that he was'nt at school, on monday afternoon by a friend of hers that ryan had gone to knowing that both his mum and dad were at work.

His mum left work immediatly to pick Ryan up and to take him shopping for new trousers. Ryan has been at school everyday since.

where you get your information from beats me but it is entirely incorrect, so jog on

wherever does it say that Ryan has been kept away from school? he was sent home on monday as the original post says for having a small pocket on the seat of his trousers and no crease.

He was told to leave school and neither parent were informed. the trousers were bought in error as the were the same style he wore last term.

his mother was informed that he was'nt at school, on monday afternoon by a friend of hers that ryan had gone to knowing that both his mum and dad were at work.

His mum left work immediatly to pick Ryan up and to take him shopping for new trousers. Ryan has been at school everyday since.

where you get your information from beats me but it is entirely incorrect, so jog on

Mum Paula Jaffray is keeping her son Nathaniel Morton, 13, at home because she is refusing to buy new trousers.

"He has two perfectly good pairs and I'm not buying new ones. The new policy is silly - the school has gone way too far banning pockets," she said at her home on Wheata Road, Parson Cross.

"It is actually not that easy to find trousers without pockets and with the pleat that the school wants. I won't buy new ones and they won't take him back, so it is a bit of a stand off," she added.

I got it from The Star, and was asking if this person was you.

Do you know some of the teachers at Yewlands don`t wear school uniform either, unless jeans, t-shirt non total blue shorts for PE, flip flops etc are school unifrom, they don`t set a very good example.

Perhaps children and parents should have a vote on changing school uniform to include staff as well as pupils.

Do you know some of the teachers at Yewlands don`t wear school uniform either, unless jeans, t-shirt non total blue shorts for PE, flip flops etc are school unifrom, they don`t set a very good example.

Perhaps children and parents should have a vote on changing school uniform to include staff as well as pupils.

thats yewlands for you, yet the teachers had the cheek monday morning to turn away pupils who didnt have the correct uniform on, rather pathetic innit

It all still comes back to one question. Did the uniform specifications include details of creases and (no) pockets?

If the detail was absolutely specific, then there is no excuse for parents buying the wrong thing. But if it was not, how were parents expected to know that trousers must have a crease but no pockets?

And in either case, the children should not have been punished by being sent home or put in isolation.

It all still comes back to one question. Did the uniform specifications include details of creases and (no) pockets?

If the detail was absolutely specific, then there is no excuse for parents buying the wrong thing. But if it was not, how were parents expected to know that trousers must have a crease but no pockets?

And in either case, the children should not have been punished by being sent home or put in isolation.

NO IT DIDNT. I still have the uniform booklet, it does state no outside pockets for boys and girls, but no where doe it mention a crease! :loopy: Maddness :hihi:

Archived