School uniform rules gone mad!!

he has the correct trousers his mother left work and took him shopping that afternoon.

I am being perfectly honest when I say it was it genuine mistake, and both, Ryan and his mum believed the trousers to be acceptable. Ryan has been at school everyday since, The boy pictured on the front of the star is the boy whos mum is keeping him away in protest.

And we too are perfectly happy with the idea of uniform, and believe it relieves pressures for children to want to keep up with expensive fashions and instills needed disipline for children. We are not happy with the punishment for such a minor mistake
i think thats where some have got annoyed about the incident, the nature of the punishment for such a minor thing, i dont believe he should have been sent home or even segregated for the day cos the be all & end all is the fact that he had a smart pair of trousers on just minus a crease its damn petty, as i said in a previous post, trousers are still smart even without a permanent crease

he has the correct trousers his mother left work and took him shopping that afternoon.

I am being perfectly honest when I say it was it genuine mistake, and both, Ryan and his mum believed the trousers to be acceptable. Ryan has been at school everyday since, The boy pictured on the front of the star is the boy whos mum is keeping him away in protest.

Oh I see. I've been accused on here of being snobby because I think tough uniform policies are excellent and will have a positive impact on overall behaviour and discipline. But I do understand your anger at the school's methods. I'm not sure if it warranted a front page (I guess the Star is desperate for copy) and the sob story though! As you say in your case it was a genuine mistake but the people who are taking a stand now were told of this months ago so they don't have a leg to stand on. If they don't like it they can send their children to schools with lower standards! If that's the type of education they want for their children.

Oh I see. I've been accused on here of being snobby because I think tough uniform policies are excellent and will have a positive impact on overall behaviour and discipline. But I do understand your anger at the school's methods. I'm not sure if it warranted a front page (I guess the Star is desperate for copy) and the sob story though! As you say in your case it was a genuine mistake but the people who are taking a stand now were told of this months ago so they don't have a leg to stand on. If they don't like it they can send their children to schools with lower standards! If that's the type of education they want for their children.

I dont think your snobby, I think your right in saying it didn't warrant front page news (come on Sheffield must be something exciting happening) I only hoped by highligting the story the school wont make silly decisions in future.

If a child turns up to school in a yellow Bench T Shirt and nike trainers, then its a likely case of been rebelious, if a child turns up with smart trousers with a pocket on the seat commen sense should prevail

He does not own a mobile and as one of my previous posts states, he was forced to walk a friend of his mums who contacted his mum for him.

Beth your waisting your time with some of these on here.

Dont rely on facts to get in the way of small mided peoples attitudes, no matter what you say some of these will bang on at you saying your in the wrong. Some people (who probably dont/cant have kids) will put all the blame on yours no matter what because they have no understanding of parenthood and just like the frill of getting into a debate they know nothing of.

My children dont have mobils, I dont have one. but of course some people will buy their kids anything and good luck to them but you cant roll everyone up into one neat little bundle and then argue till your blue in the face that your right.

The kids were dismissed from school, they had no way to contact their parents, if you can accept the facts for one moment then answer the question is that a fare way to treat children ?

Just look at the posts on this forum about gangs, guns, muggings, road accidents ect ect and think do you think it right of a school to put your child out into the streets without informing a parent/guardian ?

would i be right in saying that unless your child recieves home tutoring then its law to ensure you as a parent make sure your child attends school to be taught. nowhere does the government state that they have to wear a uniform.so it goes to show that its the LEA's & schools enforcing there rules upon us & breaking the law by turning them away

Can we not all who are miffed off about this stage a day of protest ? get the press involved and not send our kids to school in a uniform on a particular day ?

Obviously after taking legal advice and make sure the school has a responcability to Educate our children in uniform or ripped jeans.

My eldest is in year 10, wears the uniform but also has hair down his back and instead of a coat/jumper usually uses a slipknot or wasp hoodie to keep out the cold/rain with the addition of a ramones beanie in times of bad rain :rolleyes:

He just takes it off in school, no problem and no issues.

Edit: Londongirl, he is a good student and his identity doesn't affect his learning or his respect for the school

Can we not all who are miffed off about this stage a day of protest ? get the press involved and not send our kids to school in a uniform on a particular day ?

Obviously after taking legal advice and make sure the school has a responcability to Educate our children in uniform or ripped jeans.

im quite happy to send my child to school each day as i do wearing a smart pair of trousers & school issue jumper, so i personally dont need to stage any protests, but for those who wont send there children smart they can always refer to my previous posts cant they if they wanted to do something about it. i would like also to see common sense prevail by schools not insisting on a particular type of black trousers when most if not all black trousers look smart & letting the kids get on with there education instead of turning them away or segregating them. if the childs made the effort to wear a smart uniform & turned up for school then that should be that

Archived