School uniform rules gone mad!!

• 3 months later...

I thought i add to this thread and not open a new one about uniform rules. But today i am so mad with yewlands today. It was said wile the snow is down the children can wear boots and not the uniform shoes, has what the girls have to wear are not for most weather let alone this weather. Now i looked out of the window and unless i am seeing things i still see a fair bit of snow down on ground, and like my daughter many kids do walk to school so boots are needed. Now i sent my daughter in her boots on Friday and Monday and no problem, i sent her in her boots today and i get a call from my daughter saying my daughter has been sent home for the day has she has her boots on and not school shoes, so i asked my daughter to ask has we only live a 25 min walk away from school, if she can come home and get her shoes so she can change for class, but she rang me back saying it was not aloud, so i asked wile she was at the gate to pass her mobile to a member of staff who was outside so i could speak to them, and the staff member says my daughter may has well stop of for the day but make sure she has her school shoes in her bag to change into for Wednesday, then i told them about when it once was raining and my daughter was sent home before has she has worn boots to school but took her school shoes to change, but she was sent home again because she had non school shoes in her bag even thou she changed before she enter the school. My daughter tells me a few kids have been turned back at the gate this morning. I am so mad about this has a full day of school is stupid just because of boots at least kids are at school and i did ask if it was ok for her to come home to get her school shoes to change into. I know a few Sheffield forum members children go to this school, just wondering if one of your children has gone to this school today in boots or other none school shoes because of the snow and also been sent home today.

EDIT. I finally got to speak to the head, and my daughter can stop in school today?. And i was told, yes wile the snow is down the children can wear other shoes. I also asked her is possible to make sure the rest of staff knows this to and not send kids away at the gate, has for the other children sent home this morning i bet they don't know this.

Just found out my 12 year old nephew has been sent home from school for wearing the wrong STYLE trousers. They are entirely black as requested but they dont have a pleat as requested.

His mum (who is at work) has contacted the school and apologised for what is a genuine mistake and been told he can go back into school for today but will be isolated from the other kids.

Now am I missing something here. this is a good kid who behaves himself and is doing well at school. who decides that it is ok to take him away from his work and his friends for something that is not his fault.

Even if it does contravine the uniform (albeit by accident) it still is not the childs fault. I'm so angry over this one. if I were his mum I think I'd be inclined to take this further

Have I read this right...your NEphew got sent home from school because he doesnt have a pleat in his trousers.....If so I would march straight into the Headmasters office and tell him exactly what I thought of him and the schools policy. A pupil loses out on a days education because he doesnt have pleat FFS what is this all coming to.....I thought school was about education not dress sense...silly me.

I would take it all the way with this...its pathetic

Have I read this right...your NEphew got sent home from school because he doesnt have a pleat in his trousers.....If so I would march straight into the Headmasters office and tell him exactly what I thought of him and the schools policy. A pupil loses out on a days education because he doesnt have pleat FFS what is this all coming to.....I thought school was about education not dress sense...silly me.

I would take it all the way with this...its pathetic

It was in the local star also about this last year, Yewlands are very uniform mad. Has many says including my daughter had been sent home from school has her trousers has pockets in, this was the same day this child in the OP thread got sent home.

Link to the story. http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Children-sent-home-from-school.5635282.jp?CommentPage=4&CommentPageLength=10

Just to clarify ....

Did your daughter have school shoes with her, today, to change into when she was turned away?

No because has i said in my post, last time it did rain she took her boots and school shoes into school, but she was sent home wile in her 2nd lesson because she was caught with non school shoes in her bag, even thou she changed into her school shoes before going into school. But since the snow has been down the school let kids go into school with non uniform shoes, like many i know have not taken school shoes into school to change into since the snow. But i have just edit my post has i finally spoken to the head, and she has let my daughter stop in school, and unlike what the staff member told me, wile the snow is down the children don't need to bring school shoes to change into.

I fully agree it does seem a rather odd course of action. However, before you decide to contact the Star Newspaper and make it very public can i ask you, have you made contact with the school and ask them to explain why they took this course of action, there may well be more to it than at first appears.

I fully agree it does seem a rather odd course of action. However, before you decide to contact the Star Newspaper and make it very public can i ask you, have you made contact with the school and ask them to explain why they took this course of action, there may well be more to it than at first appears.

I am not going to the star :hihi:, that is not my nature, but i can not talk about other parents like before and went to the star. I have just re edit my post (number 362) about talking to the head and she told me it is fine for kids to wear boots wile snow is down. Maybe the staff member on the gate just like the power of what is stated in the uniform book and order them back home. But it is all sorted now and i have the word from the head that it is ok.

Archived