School uniform rules gone mad!!

lmao. the point is this is a technology school preparing youngsters for business and entering the world of work.

now if i turned up to work in my uniform, in the weather we have had, and the heavy rain wearing black ankle boots.. i would not be told to go home and get changed.

the school issued a leaflet of whats suitable and whats not..even provided pictures and black leather ankle boots with no heel were on the section of what IS suitable.

i could understand the heads issue if i had sent her in my white fluffy boots.

shinyhappy, i did hear of one child getting sent home the other day for not having a crease down the front of her trousers, was that yours?

tbh the school uniform issue is silly, they provide tops jumpers and cardies so there is NO issue theyre, so why not provide the corrct trousers and footwear too. and no im not saying they pay for it. if they provided the choice of FULL uniform there would be no issue, there would be no kids getting sent home and made to look like idiots, there would be no fretting parents searching for business wear on 12 yr olds that still fits in age 8-9 year old clothes.

dont half do a job if you dont want issues tbh.

Can't afford a quid? Get real!
Its irrelevant if Its affordable or not, it makes a mockery of the reasons to use uniforms if they can drop it to get money out of you.

If you have more than 1 kids then your argument is out the window anyhow.

Schools take away the choice whether or not to give a pound to whatever cause when they do it this way, and you feel obliged to do so or be the odd kid out which then is ammunition for bullying. Great Idea.

P.s, Ill send the kids round the next time the school want any money, seems as its no big deal SISISI ;) just PM your address ;)

tbh the school uniform issue is silly, they provide tops jumpers and cardies so there is NO issue theyre, so why not provide the corrct trousers and footwear too. and no im not saying they pay for it. if they provided the choice of FULL uniform there would be no issue, there would be no kids getting sent home and made to look like idiots, there would be no fretting parents searching for business wear on 12 yr olds that still fits in age 8-9 year old clothes.

That must be nice for you, however your school may be on its own on this one.

Ours does not provide anything and even stopped you shopping for cheaper uniforms by not allowing you to put on the school badge any more after the annual uniform change.

Guess where you have to now buy the uniform tops from with the school badge already on ? Yep, the school have given themselves the honour of being sole provider of them and at a price that is way to inflated. But hey its the school right ? what you expect, parental choice ?

lmao. the point is this is a technology school preparing youngsters for business and entering the world of work.

now if i turned up to work in my uniform, in the weather we have had, and the heavy rain wearing black ankle boots.. i would not be told to go home and get changed.

the school issued a leaflet of whats suitable and whats not..even provided pictures and black leather ankle boots with no heel were on the section of what IS suitable.

i could understand the heads issue if i had sent her in my white fluffy boots.

shinyhappy, i did hear of one child getting sent home the other day for not having a crease down the front of her trousers, was that yours?

No, It wasnt mine, as rebelious as I felt, I wouldnt send her knowing she was "rule breaking", just as I know you wouldnt :) However I have the opposite trouble with school trousers, my 11yr old is 5ft 8" and ladies size 10 LOL X

my daughter got told last week that she would be sent home for wearing incorect trousers,shes 16 and leaving this year and the standard school trousers never fit properly cus shes tall and a big size,i bought her sum black elasticated skinny trousers wich was a thick material because they would last her out,what makes me laugh is they send letters out wen your child is absent but are sending them home for something stupid,they want them to act like adults at 16 but treat them like children,i buy her clothes so its my fault not hers.

my daughter goes to yewlands, shes in the first year. she has stuck to the uniform policy even in the snow...she wore boots but took her shoes in a bag (her choice). now whats infuriated me is i got a callparents text the other saying from march 1st all kids need to wear proper shoes now weather has eased. after i read it i thought, lol, well yeah thats obvious, no need to send me a text to tell me.

that is until my daughter came home from school friday, she was wearing her uniform and black ankle boots (leather). she took off her boots and said...

" cant wear them again, headteacher says theyre the wrong feel".

the wrong bloody feel!!! wtf... theyre leather, black and suitable for business wear, how can a shoe be the wrong "FEEL" for a uniform.

i asked my daughter to explain this and here it is..

daughter.."can i wear these then miss?"

teacher looks at her shoes and says "no, theyre the wrong feel"

daughter "what do you mean wrong feel?"

teacher " they just dont feel right, theyre not like mine"

my daughter looked at her teachers shoes and she had patent shoes on.

for those who dont know what patent is, they are fake leather, shiny plastic looking shoes.

i have told my daughter to wear them on monday, if she gets sent home, im marching her straight back and will be having words with this so called head teacher.

i have stuck to the fine line with trousers etc, but telling a child not to wear black leather ankle boots is an absolute joke. they are plain, no heel as required in the letter we all got when they informed us of the uniform. if she persists in her stupid beurocricy of they dont feel right, i will willingly take the shoes off my daughters feet and proceed to smack some sense into her dumbass brain and then ask her....do they feel right now!

Patent leather is leather with a high gloss finish, it's not fake at all, nor is it really what you'd expect to have to wear to school or business, it's what you wear with your tuxedo or formal clothing.

my daughter got told last week that she would be sent home for wearing incorect trousers,shes 16 and leaving this year and the standard school trousers never fit properly cus shes tall and a big size,i bought her sum black elasticated skinny trousers

Its probably the fact they were those skinny fashion trousers.

That must be nice for you, however your school may be on its own on this one.

Ours does not provide anything and even stopped you shopping for cheaper uniforms by not allowing you to put on the school badge any more after the annual uniform change.

Guess where you have to now buy the uniform tops from with the school badge already on ? Yep, the school have given themselves the honour of being sole provider of them and at a price that is way to inflated. But hey its the school right ? what you expect, parental choice ?

hardtomiss, my bad when i say they provide the tops, i dont mean they say here you are weve bought them, i mean like your school they are the sole provider for the unifrom. i cant go to asda and pick up a white shirt and black cardi, it has to be the one from school. so why dont they do it with the trousers and shoes too.

ok the argument could be had that that shoes and trousers can be bought cheaper at stores, which i agree.....but then the school sends them home if they wear them, cos the parent has gone out and thought...right all black trousers, bought from the suit section in the ladies business isle.....but they arent suitable for the school! same with shoes and trainers...all black..no heel, no name brand, but the school send you home because they dont feel right.

i remember when i was a kid, the government clothing grant...rofl ok fair enough it was helpful to some but they also had every single uniform for every single school in sheffield. why dont they bring that idea back...im not saying the government pay for the uniform or the tax payer..why not have one place where they sell every uniform for every school from the tops to the shoes, where you can try the items on to get the correct size. id still pay the price they charge now and would be quite happy knowing my child had the full uniform, in the correct attire for her school. satisfied that she wont be sent home, because shes been issued the correct attire from head to toe.

luckily my daughter is the same shoe size as me, so at the moment shes wearing the shoes i go to work in..which is also why i know the boots she wore were correct for business wear. ive bought her the same shoes as myself..im not sharing shoes between work and school...thats before someone tries to sarcastically point it out.

I think this is madness, my son's school is very strict with uniform but not sure what happens if you wear something unsuitable. Surely all that is needed is a note home or a phone call to parents asking to make sure required uniform is worn in future, to send a child home or exclude them from rest of kids is crazy!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish schools were as keen to exclude children who needlessly bully others, or who get physical with the teacher.

• 2 years later...

Archived