School uniform rules gone mad!!

I think schools should concentrate on educating the children despite what they're wearing!

You dont think that the discipline of following rules and dressing appropriately when asked to is part of "education". School is not all about what you learn in a book.

No, It wasnt mine, as rebelious as I felt, I wouldnt send her knowing she was "rule breaking", just as I know you wouldnt :) However I have the opposite trouble with school trousers, my 11yr old is 5ft 8" and ladies size 10 LOL X

i have this problem too with my 14 year old daughter ... 5ft 10 and a size 10. on the rare occasion we have been unable to find the 'right' shoes, ive rung school first and informed them and sent her with a note. so far this has been ok. not sure how forge valley will deal with the problem if it arises again.

when your shopping is limited to evans, you dont have much in the way of options!!

and as my boys didnt get into the same secondary school as their sister, i have to buy 2 new sets of uniform - no luck in having thier sisters old polo shirts or sweatshirts now shes grown out of them - having looked at thier school website, polo shirts (£9) x 4 (2 each) + sweatshirts(£11) x 4 (2 each) + pe kit(1 pole shirt each £10.50 + hoody each £15) = £130 ... thats before we get trousers and shoes. its a ridiculous amount of money to be expected to fork out ... just a money spinner for the school at the end of the day!

just a money spinner for the school at the end of the day!

Or an investment into the desprately needed school funds at the end of the day.

£130 per year or whatever is hardly breaking the bank. Im sure there is help and support payments avaliable for those on very low incomes who cannot afford it.

This reminds me of when i was at school (i left in 2007)

all the teaches were obcessed about the uniforms and girls wearing make-up but hardly ever paid atension to the VICTIMS of bullying, evan the women teachers dressed up to the nines with make-up slapped on.

what ever happend to setting a good example?

You dont think that the discipline of following rules and dressing appropriately when asked to is part of "education". School is not all about what you learn in a book.

Yes and they should also teach a child common sense too. However they cant do that if they are not applying it themselves. Locking a kid in isolation because of thread is unbelievable.

On the subject of logo. I went to Notre Dame and they were moving towards buying the school logo clothes from the school shop which was more expensive. Probably because they thought Catholic parents had more money.

all the teaches were obcessed about the uniforms and girls wearing make-up but hardly ever paid atension to the VICTIMS of bullying, evan the women teachers dressed up to the nines with make-up slapped on.

reminds me of my school too. There were certain things we were allowed only to wear at certain times, though (and all only available through the school shop)

Summer Uniform -

Orange dress - hem no shorter than 1 inch off the ground when kneeling.

Green Jumper

Green Blazer

brown socks

brown shoes

Within the school, we could wear the jumper, but out of school grounds, we could only wear it if we had the blazer over the top.

Winter Uniform

Yellow Shirt

Green/red tie

Green Jumper

Green Blazer

green/red tarten skirt - 2 inches below the knee.

green rain jacket

brown socks

brown shoes

Within the school, we could wear the jumper, but out of school grounds, we could only wear it if we had the blazer over the top.

Sports Uniform

Green Tracksuit bottoms

green netball skirt

yellow t-shirt (generic)

yellow t-shirt (with sports house name)

Yellow/green rugby top.

We could wear this when we had sports or all day if we had an inter-school or inter-house event.

We were allowed to wear 1 stud or sleeper in each ear and a watch.

no other jewellery, no makeup, nothing else - and our hair had to be neat and tidy.

Boys had to be clean shaven and their hair also had to be tidy and neat.

Do you know, I changed schools from the private one and went to a public school where they weren't so strict and the students seemed to care more about what they were wearing and how they looked than their grades. I shouldn't have changed schools, but of course at 16 - I knew everything. :)

In hindsight, I preferred the stricter school.

I'll bet they couldn't even spell!

Archived