School uniform rules gone mad!!

what i can`t see is that if the school states something in the uniform and the child turns up in something different and is sent home why are the moaning about it ,yes i think sending a pupil home for not having creases in them is extreme .The reason for the uniform is so that the kids are not competing on who has the best designer trainers or tops .if there is a dress code then they should abide by it end of .

But the school we are on about with the OP does not state anything about this about the trousers, all the kids i see are wearing the uniform and look smart, apart from a few lads that turn up in trainers that are not to be worn. They all look the same in smart trousers and the rest of the uniform that has to be worn. All it states that children are to wear smart black or grey cotton trousers or skirts knee lenth if girls wants to wear them. So we are abideing by the school rules, just seems like the school must have got some other hidden rule that we dont know about.

I went to school in south Wales, my school there had an 'approved' retailer selling the school uniform. If our uniform wasn't purchased from that shop we were sent home. It was all about money, the shop paid the school to become the approved uniform seller, in exchange the school were expected to enforce the uniform regulations. The approved trousers cost 40 quid, you could get almost the same trousers for far less but then you would get sent home. Do schools these days still 'recommend' shops for uniform purchases?

I went to school in south Wales, my school there had an 'approved' retailer selling the school uniform. If our uniform wasn't purchased from that shop we were sent home. It was all about money, the shop paid the school to become the approved uniform seller, in exchange the school were expected to enforce the uniform regulations. The approved trousers cost 40 quid, you could get almost the same trousers for far less but then you would get sent home. Do schools these days still 'recommend' shops for uniform purchases?

I don't think so and maybe this is the problem.

When I went to Secondary school in Sheffield, our school uniform was to be bought at the Co op in town - end of !

Summer dresses were made by our mothers and there was ONE shop, in Hillsborough I think, who stocked the material. I think there was a choice of 3 styles and the pattern was bought from the school.

I believe a similar system works for private schools today - maybe state schools should have a similar system.

just who decides that the pupil will be isolated from the other children? is this laid out in black&white ? i would be demanding to see said item .

I feel there is more to this story than the OP is telling us - I expect the whole truth will out in good time.

How are schools now on hair cuts ? How far are they going to go because a lot of kids now show there individuality with not only clothes but with designer hair cuts with paterns and all sorts in there head.

Are we next going to have schools telling us how we should groom ourselves ?

But the school we are on about with the OP does not state anything about this about the trousers, all the kids i see are wearing the uniform and look smart, apart from a few lads that turn up in trainers that are not to be worn. They all look the same in smart trousers and the rest of the uniform that has to be worn. All it states that children are to wear smart black or grey cotton trousers or skirts knee lenth if girls wants to wear them. So we are abideing by the school rules, just seems like the school must have got some other hidden rule that we dont know about.

Some schools can be very upperty and as for the school goveners well least said the better ,needless to say that a certain school govener in the woodhoue mill area has the child from hell and yet they think there child is the next messiah , ,and i have certainly questioned something I thought was out of order at his school.

Just found out my 12 year old nephew has been sent home from school for wearing the wrong STYLE trousers. They are entirely black as requested but they dont have a pleat as requested.

His mum (who is at work) has contacted the school and apologised for what is a genuine mistake and been told he can go back into school for today but will be isolated from the other kids.

Now am I missing something here. this is a good kid who behaves himself and is doing well at school. who decides that it is ok to take him away from his work and his friends for something that is not his fault.

Even if it does contravine the uniform (albeit by accident) it still is not the childs fault. I'm so angry over this one. if I were his mum I think I'd be inclined to take this further

Once standards are allowed to slip then it is a slippery slope to anarchy, riots in the streets and the abandonment of the Monarchy

Archived