School uniform rules gone mad!!

Oooo...ive checked even further and it says no plimsoll style shoes. Now this morning I saw alot of girls wearing these, my daughter included. I know they are "in fashion" but surely.....whats good for one is good for all "rule breakers" so to speak. That said, she will be wearing them again tomorrow, cos cant afford any more:hihi:

He was sent home while both his mum and dad were at work and without either parent being informed beforehand and whatsmore he lives a considerable distance from the school. nobody checked if was even capable of getting home. I.E. busfares/a housekey. the whole situation was deplorable and I am astonished with the school.

Now THAT is disgusting

Oooo...ive checked even further and it says no plimsoll style shoes. Now this morning I saw alot of girls wearing these, my daughter included. I know they are "in fashion" but surely.....whats good for one is good for all "rule breakers" so to speak. That said, she will be wearing them again tomorrow, cos cant afford any more:hihi:

My daughter been going to same school for 3 years now, she too got a warning about these shoes, was told not to wear cotton type but leather, but you will see the shoes the girls have to wear dont last long has so thin on the soles, i was buying a new pair every 3 weeks or so has she walks to school all because she can not wear trainers to school then changed into her school shoes. I have found a great pair now, the soles have like a trainer thick sole to them but these are the ballerina style that can wear but will last her. My daughter today says she nearly got sent home again today has the teacher thought the shoes was a trainer, but after seeing the head teacher she passed them has they are the ballerina type :D.

He couldnt remember his mums mobile number offhand, but he did have the sense to call in on his mums friend on the way home who phoned my sister in law and informed her he was on his way home, she was then able to make arrangements for him to be looked after.

Iron a crease into them, simples.
What are you? A meercat? For tomorrow maybe, but sending a kid home alone for that on the first day of school seems an overreaction.

School got delusions obviously, thinking they're Birkdale or somewhere :hihi:

btw - it's press a crease, not iron. You need a damp cloth to do the job right, simples ;).

Excuse me for jumping in here. I agree with everything that people are saying. The HT is flexing their muscle, it being a new building etc...gone way OTT. The same HT does absolutely nothing when contacted about the amount of rubbish the kids leave when they go out for their lunch, they throw plastic bottles, paper bags, polystyrene containers, sweet packets etc, a lot of it ends up in my front garden and certainly all over the road where I live.

Rant over, and I still agree with you, it's mindless and petty.

Archived