School uniform rules gone mad!!

I remember recieving the same treatment when I was at school, I think it happened about 14 years ago. I was kept in isolation for wearing plain black trousers that one of the teachers decided 'wasn't allowed'.

Its very petty, a note home would suffice. As someone pointed out, what if the parents can't afford a new pair immedietely?

It get worst at Yewlands, Not only did my daughter get sent home last year because she had pockets in the front of her trousers, i have just seen my neighbour that has just come back from Asda all because her son got sent home even before he step into school because his trousers had one small back pocket so she had to get new ones. She knew about my daughter that time she was sent home, but this is geting so stupid now.

It get worst at Yewlands, Not only did my daughter get sent home last year because she had pockets in the front of her trousers, i have just seen my neighbour that has just come back from Asda all because her son got sent home even before he step into school because his trousers had one small back pocket so she had to get new ones. She knew about my daughter that time she was sent home, but this is geting so stupid now.
the teachers were stood at the gates this mornin sending quite a few kids home that dint have the "correct" uniform on, its pathetic innit

the teachers were stood at the gates this mornin sending quite a few kids home that dint have the "correct" uniform on, its pathetic innit

Yes my neighbour told me the school had a few teacher outside looking, that why my child was nearly sent home because of her shoes has i asked her if teachers was out lookin and she just told me the same. I mean it gets me mad if the kids are not in trainers and full black uniform with correct colour t-shirt and right colour trousers then it sould not matter. Before the old uniform got changed last year it was not has strick as this.

Yes my neighbour told me the school had a few teacher outside looking, that why my child was nearly sent home because of her shoes has i asked her if teachers was out lookin and she just told me the same. I mean it gets me mad if the kids are not in trainers and full black uniform with correct colour t-shirt and right colour trousers then it sould not matter. Before the old uniform got changed last year it was not has strick as this.
im all for the uniform & the kids looking smart but theyre taking it too far, i mean whats wrong with a pocket on a smart pair of trousers?

And look at all the time it takes up.

Teachers are always complaining about long hours and being overworked and here they are checking whether everyone has pockets in their trousers! To say nothing of the time the Head is now going to have to spend answering complaints .

What are you? A meercat? For tomorrow maybe, but sending a kid home alone for that on the first day of school seems an overreaction.

School got delusions obviously, thinking they're Birkdale or somewhere :hihi:

btw - it's press a crease, not iron. You need a damp cloth to do the job right, simples ;).

Can I bring my ironing round.:hihi:.

I was just discussing this with my daughter as I thinks its mad only to be told she had a warning today as she has pockets

This is different school to yewlands her trousers are the smart black school trousers you can buy where am I supposed to get a pair wit no pockets??

I checked the letter about school uniform and it does not state no pockets im furious and think teacher should put there energy into something more productive :rant::rant:

Archived