James Dixon & Son hip flask any info please

Dojo

Hi, I hope that someone will be able to give me some information on a small hip flask that I have just aquired at a car boot sale. It looks like it is made of either Silver, Pewter, or Britannia but I am not sure which. It has a screw cap with a cork seal inside and is 3 1/2'' tall (9cm) The edges are all smooth and rounded. The base is flat with the trumpet logo and James Dixon & son with Sheffield underneath. To the left is a small stamp that is quite unclear, it looks like a reversed C joined to a 0 on its side with a line between. On the right hand side in quite large clear numbers is 120. There are some really feint scratched marks but I believe these to have possibly been made by a Pawnbroker at some time. It weighs approx 4oz. There is no decoration on it apart from lines round the edge of the cap and raised turned bands on the cap and neck. Any info regarding it's age/matrial would be really appreciated.:roll:

Archived