Does anyone want a job?

I do understand that wages are a problem for people and agree that if you cannot live on said wages then its not really worth it. Our vacancies were advertised on the basis that wages are negotiable dependant upon experience and such. We never had a reply for the nursing post, but quite a few for the receptionist.

I do understand that wages are a problem for people and agree that if you cannot live on said wages then its not really worth it. Our vacancies were advertised on the basis that wages are negotiable dependant upon experience and such. We never had a reply for the nursing post, but quite a few for the receptionist.[/quote]

I do understand that wages are a problem for people and agree that if you cannot live on said wages then its not really worth it. Our vacancies were advertised on the basis that wages are negotiable dependant upon experience and such. We never had a reply for the nursing post, but quite a few for the receptionist.

If you can't live on the said wages you then drop your standard of living so you can live on the said wages,not many people have the jobs and wages they want so they live to what they have,there shouldn't be an alternative.

At the end of the day, it isn't the people who are on benefits who turn their nose up at a job because it doesn't pay enough... It's the governments fault for giving them so much in benefits in the first place!

If I was on benefits and found that by working for 40 hours a week I'd be NO better off, I wouldn't go for the job.

If you can't live on the said wages you then drop your standard of living so you can live on the said wages,not many people have the jobs and wages they want so they live to what they have,there shouldn't be an alternative.

exactly! I think people expect to be kept these days and live the life they are accustomed to

Easier said than done. If you're already mortgaged to the hilt and have other debts and a family to support, sometimes it's simply not worth taking on a poorly paid job.

At the end of the day, it isn't the people who are on benefits who turn their nose up at a job because it doesn't pay enough... It's the governments fault for giving them so much in benefits in the first place!

If I was on benefits and found that by working for 40 hours a week I'd be NO better off, I wouldn't go for the job.

yeah as i said in post #17 they are on to a good thing! imagine if the benefits were slashed there would be uproar!

So how would you pay your mortgage if you didn't take the job?

Dunno, maybe you've got martgage insurance that pays for it while you're looking for work.

The point is that there are some jobs that are so badly paid that it's not worth coming off benefits to do them. That's the fault of the employer not the benefit claimant!

Archived