Does anyone want a job?

Dunno, maybe you've got martgage insurance that pays for it while you're looking for work.

The point is that there are some jobs that are so badly paid that it's not worth coming off benefits to do them. That's the fault of the employer not the benefit claimant!

Its not really the fault of the employer as they arnt going to put some one on loads of money to clean toilets for example.

Dunno, maybe you've got martgage insurance that pays for it while you're looking for work.

The point is that there are some jobs that are so badly paid that it's not worth coming off benefits to do them. That's the fault of the employer not the benefit claimant!

Or is it the fault of the benefit system,how low of a wage do we go before its not worth coming off benefits,I've said before I have a guy turn a 16k job down because its not worth his while.

People must excuse me because I don't know how the system works even though I've been laid off twice in the last 2 years I managed to find work but it peeves me that I have worked for 37 years with about 5 days off sick and there's people living off the state have a better lifestyle than me.

Or is it the fault of the benefit system,how low of a wage do we go before its not worth coming off benefits,I've said before I have a guy turn a 16k job down because its not worth his while.

People must excuse me because I don't know how the system works even though I've been laid off twice in the last 2 years I managed to find work but it peeves me that I have worked for 37 years with about 5 days off sick and theirs people living off the state have a better lifestyle than me.

yes i totally agree with you there. thing is they know it too and laugh at you for going out to work to EARN a living! The country is crackers

Depending on the number of hours worked that’s got to be over £7 an hour and some people still cant be bothered, makes you wonder doesn’t it. :suspect:

Its not just the money side of things i dont think its all the add on things you get just for being on benefits ie. Council tax paid for you and lower energy tarrifs etc etc. when you add up all those you can see why they are better off out of work!

Depending on the number of hours worked that’s got to be over £7 an hour and some people still cant be bothered, makes you wonder doesn’t it. :suspect:

That was for 37.5 hours per week.

On the same issue just seen that Hull Healthtrust the NHS have spent half a mi on a 72ft yatch for unemployed youngsters,,Gordon Bennett(pardon the pun)where's the incentive to go to work.

That was for 37.5 hours per week.

On the same issue just seen that Hull Healthtrust the NHS have spent half a mi on a 72ft yatch for unemployed youngsters,,Gordon Bennett(pardon the pun)where's the incentive to go to work.

who is regulating what the NHS spend? they should be sacked if this is right! thats OUR cash they are spending!

yeah as i said in post #17 they are on to a good thing! imagine if the benefits were slashed there would be uproar!

But that is what is needed to get people into work.

My solution has always been to have organisations like A4E actually work for their money and actively look for suitable jobs (even if it means KFC). Each time someone on JSA turns down one of these jobs, they get their benefit payments deducted by a certain amount.

exactly! I think people expect to be kept these days and live the life they are accustomed to

have you ever had to claimed benefits, i thought not

2 years ago my hubby was made redundant we had a house and bills galore to pay and what with! we got 88 pound a FORTNIGHT for 2 adults the rent on our house was 30 pound per fornight then the gas elec and so on we was down and out with chips and beans for xmas dinner so please dont come that with your moral high ground that we cant be bothered to work because we are rolling it in off the goverment dont talk wet infact dont talk at all unless you know what you are talking about

Archived