Does anyone want a job?

in your case maybe and i'm not having a go at you. but howcome people are turning down 16k a year jobs as has been said?

Infact I havnt got a problem with short term benefits at all, thats what they are for ,the issue is long term benefits here and i gather your OH grafts bloody hard now dosnt he? which i take my hat off to him for!

have you ever had to claimed benefits, i thought not

2 years ago my hubby was made redundant we had a house and bills galore to pay and what with! we got 88 pound a FORTNIGHT for 2 adults the rent on our house was 30 pound per fornight then the gas elec and so on we was down and out with chips and beans for xmas dinner so please dont come that with your moral high ground that we cant be bothered to work because we are rolling it in off the goverment dont talk wet infact dont talk at all unless you know what you are talking about

30 pound rent for a fortnight!!!!! i pay £700 a month for a mortgage! chips and beans for christmas dinner sounds better than my mums cooking! is there any room at your table for another one! i have always said the benefits system should mirror a bank account, you can only draw out what you have paid in via Taxes etc, so you dont get a load of free loaders draining our great nation while supping tennants super and smoking 20 B & h a day, then go for a quick whiz around the estate on the off road bike or pushing a pram. and i do work and pay taxes for these people so i have a right to slag them off!

in your case maybe and i'm not having a go at you. but howcome people are turning down 16k a year jobs as has been said?

I would say because there are two kinds of claimants, those that have worked all their lives and are “green behind the ears” when it comes to claiming and those that have made a “career” out of it

have you ever had to claimed benefits, i thought not

2 years ago my hubby was made redundant we had a house and bills galore to pay and what with! we got 88 pound a FORTNIGHT for 2 adults the rent on our house was 30 pound per fornight then the gas elec and so on we was down and out with chips and beans for xmas dinner so please dont come that with your moral high ground that we cant be bothered to work because we are rolling it in off the goverment dont talk wet infact dont talk at all unless you know what you are talking about

I think that the career jobless know all the tricks of getting all the money they can, certainly a lot lot more than you got, do you seriously think that the long term unemployed carnt afford more than chips and beans at any time, just because you dont know how to work the system dont class every body the same, i know alot of people who get more in benefits than the16K would give them

30 pound rent for a fortnight!!!!! i pay £700 a month for a mortgage! chips and beans for christmas dinner sounds better than my mums cooking! is there any room at your table for another one! i have always said the benefits system should mirror a bank account, you can only draw out what you have paid in via Taxes etc, so you dont get a load of free loaders draining our great nation while supping tennants super and smoking 20 B & h a day, then go for a quick whiz around the estate on the off road bike or pushing a pram. and i do work and pay taxes for these people so i have a right to slag them off!

so does my hubby! and i will be doing again soon when maturnity leave is over but not everyone is benefits scroungers so just be carefull who you slag off thankfully our lives are fantastic now both of us work im so sick off these people who come on here i pay taxes for this that and other im so hard done by your not the only person in the world thats got a job and has to work hard for a living so get over yourself.

so does my hubby! and i will be doing again soon when maturnity leave is over but not everyone is benefits scroungers so just be carefull who you slag off thankfully our lives are fantastic now both of us work im so sick off these people who come on here i pay taxes for this that and other im so hard done by your not the only person in the world thats got a job and has to work hard for a living so get over yourself.

sorry im not one of those who pick on peoples threads but your statement does not make sense as you say your on maternity leave but your life is much better now you are both working? so which one is it, work or maternity? i think you are just wanting an argument! :loopy:

Infact I havnt got a problem with short term benefits at all, thats what they are for ,the issue is long term benefits here and i gather your OH grafts bloody hard now dosnt he? which i take my hat off to him for!

most people work hard andy thats life you get out of life what you put in but the way some people go off on here its like every single person on benefits want it that way thats not true not everyone and they shouldnt be made to feel like a scruffy alcoholic druggie scrounger just because they have to ask for help whilst they find a job which may i add isnt as easy as some people make out especially if they have no qualifications like me thats all im saying

Archived