Spurs fans in South Yorkshire

Spurs_Rick

Good afternoon everybody.

Apoligies to Blades and Wednesday fans but I just wanted to advertise that there is myself and five other lads who travel down to White Hart Lane every home game to watch our team Tottenham. Five of us are Southerners who have moved up to this lovely city and the other lad is originally from Worksop.

All of us are season ticket holders and travel to away games as well though we have come across each other over the years when travelling to matches. There must be a fair few other Spurs fans in our situaion in South Yorkshire who go to games but don't know of others that also travel so I thought I'd see if there was anyone on this forum who is in the same predicament as us.

Travelling down to North London is expensive but we have been talking of sorting out a mini bus for home games to make things a bit easier but to do this we would need other people who are as dedicated to home games as we are.

If there are any fellow Spurs fans out there please leave a comment on this thread and we'll look into future travel.

Thanks,

Rick

The lad from Worksop's old man is from Enfield in North London so he was brought up on us through him.

I'm from Basildon in Essex with another lad being from Walthamstow and the other two being from Brighton.

All of us have been season ticket holders for years but things in our lives have brought us up to Sheffield. Thing is when you have been going home and away all these years it's in your blood, your team will ALWAYS be your team no matter where you go.

I've lived in Ecclesall, Hillsborough (just off Leppings Lane) and now Neither Edge since I've been up here and have been to both Wednesday and United many times along with doing four derby games. If either are playing and I have nothing to do I'll go over and put my money into ethier club as they are now my local sides. I hope both do well, this city is far too big not to have a club in the Premier League.

Always when I'm leaving the Lane after a Saturday three o'clock game I look for both teams scores along with Southend, Orient and Dagenham.

I've clocked a few Spurs fans on the train from Sheffield when I've been following my team.

I remember a few lads getting on for an ealy season fixture at Sunderland (could have been first game of the season, I forget)

I know a lass in Sheffield who is a spurs fan.

"I don't just hate Chelsea. I hate Arsenal, Spurs, Crystal Palace, West Ham… In fact I hate all London clubs" - Terry Collier.

Yeah that might have been us!!

Palyed Sunderland on the opening day of the season two seasons back at their place. Got on a virgin/croasscountry train to Donny where we changed. Thing is we don't wear colours though so only way you would of been able to know we were Spurs was from listenning to our convos.

Good for you "Spurs Rick" at least you take an interest in your "local teams".

I've variously lived in Ipswich, Hereford, Manchester, Cambridge and Lincoln. I watched Ipswich 1971-72 and Oldham 1983-86 when I lived in Manchester. The 1971-72 season was when the Blades were superb and unfortunately I missed a lot of games that season.

As it happens I recall Spurs fans at school as some London firm relocated to Chesterfield in the 1960s. Whenever I used to catch the London train on a saturday there were always loads of Spurs fans used to board at Chesterfield. I now live in Barnsley and I know Spurs fans here too.

For my money Spuds are Londons biggest club

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Signed up for a membership this season so should be making it down for a few more games, normally drive down with with my brother and a mate, would be more than willing to offer a lift for a little bit towards petrol money!

Hopefully will be making the next North London derby on the 2nd of October, if anyone is interested.

Archived