Inmates on Death Row;last meals

i believe so..........some prisoners use it as an excuse just to get back at the prison............ordering hard to find stuff, i know some turn vegan or muslim whatever just to make it more difficult for the authorities to accomodate you

Well more fool them (the authorities) for trying to. They either eat what they are given or go hungry. They would eat it eventually I am guessing.

its even stranger i think actually reading their last statements.

one thing ive noticed the authorities there seem even more obsessed by logging racial stuff..........not just the offenders but race of the victims too

I find this really harrowing some of the crimes and the statements, it is truly awful...what an evil and violent place America must be it makes me glad to never go there.

I noticed that a lot is made of the race of all concerned too, it is all very very sad!

I find this really harrowing some of the crimes and the statements, it is truly awful...what an evil and violent place America must be it makes me glad to never go there.

I noticed that a lot is made of the race of all concerned too, it is all very very sad!

America is no different to Europe in terms of violent crimes, at least in the U.S. they wipe the ***** off the street. I can't really believe that you wrote "It makes me glad never to go there" Yeah I mean no one has ever been shot in the U.K. have they? No one has killed their wife, no one has ever commited any crime? What a silly thing to say. Are you young or just incredibly naive/low IQ?

America is no different to Europe in terms of violent crimes, at least in the U.S. they wipe the ***** off the street. I can't really believe that you wrote "It makes me glad never to go there" Yeah I mean no one has ever been shot in the U.K. have they? No one has killed their wife, no one has ever commited any crime? What a silly thing to say. Are you young or just incredibly naive/low IQ?

not a very nice thing to say teddie.......shes older than you

america IS one of the most violent places on earth.......never mind what crimes we have

not a very nice thing to say teddie.......shes older than you

america IS one of the most violent places on earth.......never mind what crimes we have

No it isn't a nice thing to say (not sure she is older than me tbh), so I apologise. But to stereotype a whole nation of people is incredibly naive because they have the death penalty (in some states) look at the Congo, or some other African countries if you want true violence, where gang fare/rape is commom place. It is like saying don't visit Italy as you will be killed by the Mafia?

Do you really think that there is any need to go on the attack like that just because someone didn't like what they saw? well pardon me for breathing I'm sure!

If finding violent crimes abhorrent makes me of a low IQ or naive then I thank God for it, at least I have the humanity to see things for the horrors that they really are.

My age is irrelevant, and I still wouldn't go there as a gift, that happens to be my choice is that ok with you?

I didn't think that I said anything to cause such contention, do you find multiple grissly murders pleasant or acceptable?

I'm sure the answer is readily available but why do they remain on death row for so long before they are executed, 30 years in some cases? My first guess would be so there has been time for any extra evidence to be discovered or time for them to have their conviction overturned?

A couple of years ago I met a man who had been on death row for 17 years. He came within a few days of his execution. Evidence then proved that he was, in fact, innocent of his crime. DNA proved this, and he was exonerated and is now a free man. Can you imagine if this innocent man, or, indeed ANY innocent man...YOU for example, had been executed, just to speed up the lengthy process of a death sentence.

Also, the death penalty is NOT always sought in EVERY murder case. It is sought MUCH more frequently when a black has murdered a white. If you are going to have one rule, you must have it for all.

I abhor the death penalty and do not condone it under any circumstances. What irritates me beyond belief, are the Christian attitudes which are cast aside (not that I am in the slightest bit religious) in the name of revenge by death penalty proponents. It also actually costs LESS to house a man for life in prison, than it does to pay for all the appeals and trials etc when seeking to apply the death penalty. So, if finance is anyones excuse, dont bother!

Do you really think that there is any need to go on the attack like that just because someone didn't like what they saw? well pardon me for breathing I'm sure!

If finding violent crimes abhorrent makes me of a low IQ or naive then I thank God for it, at least I have the humanity to see things for the horrors that they really are.

My age is irrelevant, and I still wouldn't go there as a gift, that happens to be my choice is that ok with you?

I didn't think that I said anything to cause such contention, do you find multiple grissly murders pleasant or acceptable?

The point is if youbotherto read what I put in the other post, is that you wouldn't go any where. Yoikes, no Italy the Mafia might kill me, no Afghanistan the Taliban are there, no London I might get shot on the tube, by the metropolitan police, no Liverpool, the Bulger killers might be stalking me, no Soham in case Maxine Carr is back there in disguise, there won't be anywhere in the world you can go, and that includes Sheffield. As for humanity you better explain that one a bit more, including the horrors you are going on about. I did apologise on the last thread, but after this little out burst I take it back as you obviously can't interpretate a thread, as I didn't mention age someone else did!

Archived