Inmates on Death Row;last meals

The point is if youbotherto read what I put in the other post, is that you wouldn't go any where. Yoikes, no Italy the Mafia might kill me, no Afghanistan the Taliban are there, no London I might get shot on the tube, by the metropolitan police, no Liverpool, the Bulger killers might be stalking me, no Soham in case Maxine Carr is back there in disguise, there won't be anywhere in the world you can go, and that includes Sheffield. As for humanity you better explain that one a bit more, including the horrors you are going on about. I did apologise on the last thread, but after this little out burst I take it back as you obviously can't interpretate a thread, as I didn't mention age someone else did!

I think that you will find that it was you that mentioned age.

Are you young or just incredibly naive/low IQ?

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not getting into this any further, I responded to what you said and read it quite thoroughly,there is no more to say!

The homicide [~murder+manslaughter] rate per capita in the US is 2-3 times than in the UK, so you're partly justified. Still a bit of a sweeping generalisation, I count 5 states that have lower homicide rates than the UK. There's some variation here also, England has a lower rate than Scotland, with Northern Ireland somewhat higher than both.

The people they are supposed to have murdered, you mean!

If found guilty and convicted (which these guys obviously have), then, in theory, they HAVE murdered.....having said that, I reckon in some parts of the world, with the right legal prosecution etc ANYONE could be found guilty of murder.

The homicide [~murder+manslaughter] rate per capita in the US is 2-3 times than in the UK, so you're partly justified. Still a bit of a sweeping generalisation, I count 5 states that have lower homicide rates than the UK. There's some variation here also, England has a lower rate than Scotland, with Northern Ireland somewhat higher than both.

Yes Crayfish I appreciate what your saying, I just reacted in an emotional way to the site, I find it quite disturbing, it was never meant to be a factual statement I hadn't gone into it that deeply, I was merely saying how reading the site made me feel.

would the drink / drug rate and also the sectarian violence mean scotland / ireland are worse than england?

I think that you will find that it was you that mentioned age.

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not getting into this any further, I responded to what you said and read it quite thoroughly,there is no more to say!

I'm not disappointed, and neither am I suprised, my original analysis still sticks:roll:

Crayfish, do you know which are those five states? Just curious, cos not ALL states in the US have the death penalty, and I was just wondering if it was those states without the death penalty that actually had a lower murder rate. Interesting if so.

Yep.

Delaware, Iowa, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota and Utah (Okay 6 now I look closer!)

Delaware, New Hampshire and Utah all have the death penalty. In applying the death sentence, Delaware has a moderate execution rate, Utah is low and New Hampshire is very low. On the other hand, if they have less homicides there are less cases to try.

I suspect that the homicide rate is more closely correlated with poverty, low education and proximity to the Mexican border. Worth a look though:

List is here for homicide by state http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

and here for states with death penalty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

would the drink / drug rate and also the sectarian violence mean scotland / ireland are worse than england?

Scotland is only slightly worse than England and Wales, while Northern Ireland is almost twice as homicidal. The Republic of Ireland's homicide rate is almost identical to England and Wales, so sectarian violence jumps out as an explanation for the Northern Irish homicides.

List here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate. This list is only partial and only for the past decade, there might be a more comprehensive source somewhere.

Archived